Main Menu

The Complete Ace Trucking Co.

Started by Ace Garp 1969, 25 September, 2008, 04:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "peterwolf"Anyone else ever said something that they shouldnt have ?

Any idea when we can expect the unmasking of the phantom poo sender, then, Peter?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Peter Wolf

:o

The product of an overactive imagination

I kind of just drew my own conclusion at the time which may or may not have been a good idea

It was a sort of heat of the moment thing because when i read about it first it sort of wound me up a bit that it happened TBH.It hit a nerve and i overreacted for some reason.Not really sure why exactly when i compare it to other things i have read about recently.

Thats how it was and the hypocrisy of it didnt occur to me at the time

I hereby plead  guilty to the charges of a gross hypocrisy and offer a full apology and give myself a slap on the wrist.

Disregard it.

:shock: at myself
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

W. R. Logan

Quote from: "The Cosh"Cheers for that Logan. However, you might want to be careful about posting your old address on this forum these days.

its not my old address 8-)

monty--

Hi!

I've just found out that Ace Trucking has been released and I'm definitely going to buy it! I made a post last Xmas enquiring where I can buy reprints for Ace Trucking and now I can buy it in one big volume!

Any idea if Robo Hunter will receive the same treatment?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "monty--"Any idea if Robo Hunter will receive the same treatment?
Unlikely, what with 75% of it already being in-print. The best we can hope for there is for the final stories to be collected in trade format.

ThryllSeekyr

Getting one of these also, and the second when it it's hopefully published May next year.

Ace Garp 1969

Read all of volume 2 now. Great stuff. Bring back Ace!

Trout

Volume one of Ace Trucking remains the only "phone book" 2000ad volume I've bought. I'll probably get the second one soon. It's all bloody good fun!

- Trout

Bad Andy

My copy was sat waiting for me when I finally got back from Barcelona last night, despite the best efforts of those in Swannage.

Feek's my favourite in there.

Oh and I think it's courier on the front. Doesn't look bad like courier normally does though.

Just found this in my drafts! Thought I'd publish it.

ThryllSeekyr

Quoteby Bad Andy on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:28 am

My copy was sat waiting for me when I finally got back from Barcelona last night, despite the best efforts of those in Swannage.

Feek's my favourite in there.

Oh and I think it's courier on the front. Doesn't look bad like courier normally does though.

Yeah, you wrote that on the first page.

Bad Andy

Did I? Wonder what it was doing residing in my drafts folder then.

Stupid board  :evil:

Devons Daddy

love the cover.

great art crazy scripts. for my son its also a winner.
this whole run was madness! and truly brillant.

shall purchase this me thinks. gift to myself!
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

IndigoPrime

Mine just arrived. It's lovely.

And here's the thing: we now have a complete collection (as far as I can tell) of Ace Trucking in affordable format. How great is that? I really wouldn't have seen that coming a few years back.

Paul faplad Finch

These 2 books are my first encounter with this series as I'm far to young to have read them originally and I have to say they're pretty bloody good. Coming to them cold, without any preconceptions or hazy half-recollections has been a real experience. [spoiler:1qroptww]"Croakside Trip" was a masterpiece and I was almost dissapointed that the story didn't end there.Can't help thinking that if that was the end it might be remembered up there with "Final Solution" as one of the all time great endings.

That said, I'm halfway through Doppelgarp and loving it, so . . .[/spoiler:1qroptww]

Spoilered the above cos I figured the comparison might give the game away to any fellow newbies.

One last point. These 2 books, along with the rest of the CF style books are a real godsend. We are really being spoiled by Rebellion at the minute and I for one am extremely grateful. I'll be buying them as long as they keep coming.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read