Main Menu

Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?

Started by sheldipez, 18 December, 2012, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqusie

I enjoyed The Vort for what it was - a bloody good story... then they had to ruin it and it be about Lob... which I cannot read to save my life...

Dodsy

Slightly off topic but is there any word of is Si intends to finish Lobster at any point?
Twitter - @dodsy84

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dodsy on 06 February, 2015, 12:37:13 PM
Slightly off topic but is there any word of is Si intends to finish Lobster at any point?

I asked him about that a couple of years ago now (gulp is it really that long ago) and he said he'd love to as he was very conscious that he rather left us all dangling. Alas at that point he couldn't give any idea of when as he was so busy writing for the American market.

So we're best to hope that he starts to bomb terribly over there and a broken man he has to come crawling back to Tharg begging him to have mercy and take him back on board...

... what how is that selfish?

Greg M.

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 February, 2015, 01:21:46 PM
So we're best to hope that he starts to bomb terribly over there and a broken man he has to come crawling back to Tharg begging him to have mercy and take him back on board...

Given the number of folk on CBR who want Spurrier to be given the keys to the X-kingdom, now that Bendis is moving on, I wouldn't hold my breath. (Though I reckon it'll go to Remender.)

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 06 February, 2015, 01:28:09 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 February, 2015, 01:21:46 PM

Given the number of folk on CBR who want Spurrier to be given the keys to the X-kingdom, now that Bendis is moving on, I wouldn't hold my breath. (Though I reckon it'll go to Remender.)

I'm hoping for Al Ewing, or the return of Kieron Gillen. Or both.

Greg M.

Quote from: Link Prime on 06 February, 2015, 03:05:47 PM
I'm hoping for Al Ewing, or the return of Kieron Gillen. Or both.

Gillen I'd be more than happy with. Haven't enjoyed Al's Avengers work as much as I'd hoped, though there've been highlights - I find there's a slightly arch quality to his Marvel writing that, to me, suits 2000AD better than it does Big Two titles.

Theblazeuk

Link Prime

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 08 February, 2015, 09:11:10 PM
Has Kieron ever done owt for Tharg?

Unfortunately, never.

And Greg- I take your point about Ewing. I did read a couples of issue of his Avengers stuff, and didn't really like it.
But I chalked that down to a general dislike of The Avengers / current Marvel than anything else.

He could be good- nay great, on an X title.

IndigoPrime

So next month's floppy is... Harlem Heroes, volume 2. Man, what did we all do to piss Tharg off so much? *resolves not to complain so much about sexy ostriches next time it's in the Meg* *maybe*

ZenArcade

My reservations about the usefulness of the floppies is compounded: unless they print Junker! Z :-\ scurries off....
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dandontdare

I've been surprised by how often a strip I remember as being awful isn't actually too bad when revisited through the floppies.

I have to report that Harlem Heroes (redux) is not one of them.

robert_ellis

It's great to see the Steve Dillon layouts even if the inking doesn't reproduce too well shrunk down on Harlem Heroes. I'm all for a Junker reprint - it's daft and a throwback with lovely art. And a good reminder from tharg of how amazing the prog is NOW.

Zenith 666

Universal soldier and Kelly's eye for Brett seeing as neither have been reprinted.

I, Cosh

Remember quite enjoying Universal Soldier, but wasn't that Will Simpson?
We never really die.

Zenith 666