Main Menu

Incredibles DVD

Started by Noisybast, 17 March, 2005, 10:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Having utterly failed to catch it at the cinema, I'm looking for the best price for the Incredibles DVD (2 disc set). For some reason, Disney themselves are the most expensive (?16.99), despite cutting out the middleman. Wierd, eh?

So far, best price seems to be Play.com, who are flogging it for ?14.99 (inc delivery).

Anyone beat that?

Link: http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=572411&p=57&g=72" target="_blank">Play.com

http://a1796.g.akamai.net/7/1796/1576/1baf2e2ac8210c/www.disney.co.uk/DisneyVideos/shop/items/images/D881558_03.jpg">
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Banners

Region 3 2-Disc Special Edition ?9.49 and free P&P...

Also, it only seems like yesterday when this was in the cinemas. I remember when the process of a film moving through cinema, to rental video and then home video would take like two years. Now it's mere weeks.

Gosh, I sound old :-(

M@

Link: http://www11.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=16483&affid=12376" target="_blank">CD WOW!

Oddboy

?13.99 from CD WOW  - but that was including a ?1 off voucher... so it's really ?14.99 (free delivery).

Although it's not for me... Oddgirl wanted to get it for her Dad for his birthday.

Spect we'll get it for ourselves sooner or later.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Noisybast

"it only seems like yesterday when this was in the cinemas"

Y'know, I was just thinking the same thing myself...

Oddboy

It was always three years from Cinema to (terrestrial) TV for movies when I was a kid - and I used to wait. Don't have that sort of patience nowadays. Mind you, I couldn't afford to just buy videos (or now DVDs) with my pocket money & still get the Beano & Crisis.

WoD

CD-WoW region 3 - like m@ said...that's what I ordered.

Matt Timson

Believe it or not, it used to take *five* years for films to make it to ITV or the Beeb.  Five years!

I remember doing the maths to see how old I'd be before The Empire Strikes back would be on the telly...
Pffft...

Quirkafleeg

I was about to say exactly the same thing... I also remember when films would 'tour' around the country - moving on to the regions after playing for a month in London (and after weeks and weeks of playing in America - the neg would look like some one had been sanding it).

Carlsborg Expert.

How dare you all contrive the fact that if you all went to the cinema independantally it would have cost you all less than a fiver each.

And now you all staare un ambiguously into tomorrow blarting about how you want an individual copy for much cheaper.

I could give out and say ooh you cheeky blighters. But the way oyou treat people who do not correspond with your way of thinking.... I feel like selling you all down the fucking river and leaving you to slap around in the midday sun.

In a shallow puddle.

its as simple as this people.

you be nice.

we'll be nice.

Otherwise. Do not fuck with things you only write about and have no firsthand knowledge about.

thensome

Noisybast

Jimmy, what in the name of Grud's green goolies are you talking about? Another heavy late night session is it?

Matt Timson

The plot seems well and truly lost, I'm afraid...
Pffft...

Quirkafleeg

Earth to Planet Smoker! Earth to Planet Smoker! You're breaking up... You're breaking up...

Noisybast

Nope - finished work at midnight, several festive Guinnesses (Guinni?) later, and I'm still none the wiser. Remember kids, just say no.

Jared Katooie

Now see, I got in trouble for asking these kinds of questions. It's best just to pretend you understand and then run away and hide.

Oddboy

would have cost you all less than a fiver each

Saw The Incredibles at Peckham Multiplex - ?2.99 a ticket.