Main Menu

T3 Rise of the machines

Started by Last of the V8's, 01 August, 2003, 12:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malkymac

I noticed the sudden chane from night to day as well but decided to forgive it since it was meant to be about 5.30 in the morning. I thought that that might have also explained the lack of traffic on the roads as well.

Nervie

Yeah, but is it available on p2p usenet?

Okay, wrong group...

Eric Plumrose

Plot holes? All three films hinge on the fact that time can be changed. Killing either Sarah or John Connor would negate the whole reason why the terminators are sent back in the first place.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Eric Plumrose

Ah, bollocks. For 'fact' read 'notion'. The third one's pish anyhow.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

urabon jack

Dudley

The voters of california, apparently

McNulty

Spoilers.............

Just saw Terminator 3 tonight. I have to say, the story was lacking.

The whole feel of the film seemed to contridict the first two films. After all, the theme of them was that humans can take control of their own future. But now, it seems that it is all predetermined.
I know that they needed to come up with a way for the Terminators to come back again, but the whole "Skynet is now a computer virus, not a military supercomputer" plotline, just doesn't work. And Sarah Connor dies of leukemia in 1997? How can that happen if we see her in the future as an old woman? And her son as a Senator?
But the Terminator kills her son before this? What is this? A paradox? I hate those!

I'm sorry, but there just seems to be too much of the plotlines of the older films ignored for the sake of the present film.
Visually, the film is impressive. Arnie doesn't show his age in the action scenes. And the effects are great. The swearing was unneccesary, after all, the second film didn't have it and it was successful. I agree that the film's rating was not sufficent. It should have been a 15 certificate in my opinion.

Well, if there is a fourth film, Arnie might not even be in it. It would depend on the voters in California. But then...He might be back!
http://www.blackmaxpc.com/avatarsmiles/terminator.gif">