Main Menu

40K FIRE WARRIOR GAME

Started by Steamboy, 26 September, 2003, 11:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tex Hex

Well Im gonna stick up for the Gamecube as noone else is...

Having just busted metroid prime and splinter cell up good n proper I am enjoying:

1) The Legend of Zelda: the wind waker. Awesome in almost every way. Only drawback are; a) get warp a couple of hours later than i wanted and b) too short. In every other way a masterpiece.

2) Skies of arcadia legends: An update from the dreamcast. Brilliant RPG. Life consuming.

3) Ikaruga: 2D shootemup. Brilliant. Has a gameplay mechanic that turns it into an almost tetris like puzzle. Gaming the way it was meant to be. Totaly absorbing. And hard as nails.

4) Soul Calibur2: only got it today. rocks hard.

Looking forward to F-zero, Metroid prime 2, viewtiful joe, dredd vs death (obviously).  

RPHawtin

I've got a Gamecube too, they're the best.

X-Box and PS2 are alright, but haven't got enough good games on them, and the ones that are good are multiformat or on the PC.

Metroid and Zelda are great hexen, i'd highly recommend Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, and RE Zero, there great games.

I'm most looking forward to F-Zero GX, Mario Kart and Viewtiful Joe, probably get DvD on the PC.

Art

F-Zero X on the N64 was the Bestest Futuh Racing Game Evah! -OFFICIAL!

Devons Daddy

i got an XBOX recently. had a PS1 which went wrong and i was not willing to spend money on getting it fixed.

i agree there are less choices game wise on XBOX, but i found PS2 tends to be one game ten styles. football in european,world cup,EPL and so on.
driving in rally,downtown.night,this is common throughout PS 2 games.

also net gameing is much more compatiable on XBOX, the graphics are better, but the game titles are aimed at an older audience.

but when it comes down to it. all said and done.
to all you game cube chaps and PS2 owners.

YOU CANT PLAY HALO,
and to note HALO 2 comes out around christmas.
so there.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Something Fishy

i read this whilst my son and wife play halo behind me.

This in itself is a reason to own an X-Box as is KOTOR.  

halo 2 should be great.

WoD

Halo 2 is delayed to next year IIRC.

And PS2 has plenty of top games that are not multi-format.

Didn't I suggest that we don't get into this debate up above??

WoD.

Anyway, the Spectrum 48k was the best games format of all time and you know it.

Noisybast

"Anyway, the Spectrum 48k was the best games format of all time and you know it."

That's absolutely correct WoD, and Laser Squad is the best game of all time.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

ukdane

Waddie,
Have you played the game online yet?
How is it?
Cheers

-Daney

El Spurioso

Did I mention....

http://www.blacklibrary.com/covers/firewarrior.jpg">

Smiley

Don't suppose you still have the first cover knocking about. Now that was fudgeriffic, that.

Quirkafleeg

That's a clear 8 on the Self Promotion Scale...

Devons Daddy

Halo 2 is delayed to next year IIRC

thats because they are afraid Dredd V Death will steal their thunder.
no matter what the format we are to be donning a white helmet and a half eagle badge in the coming month.

BOARD we have waited 26 years for this. its going to be worth it.
cadets please sign for your lawgiver.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Waddie

Have you played the game online yet?
How is it?

No, I haven't got around to getting the PS2 online adapter yet (which is to say, I've had more pressing expenses to hurl onto my credit card).  I haven't exactly got my hopes up though - it only offers 8-player deathmatch, team deathmatch or capture the flag modes, and the multi-player maps are nothing special.  Four players round a big telly is still great fun, so the online play should be too, but don't expect anything you haven't seen elsewhere (well, except Space Marines and stuff, natch).

Oh yeah; the novel is a cracking good read.  I did raise an eyebrow once or twice at Kais' Rambo-like destruction of everything in his path, but it all makes sense by the end.  Even if you don't fancy the game, I can heartily recommend a 400 page dose of Spurrier's special blend of sick humour and ultra-violence.

Mikey

So,Spurious one.

You written it,granted,but have you *read*it?Is it any good?

;D

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

JTurner

I've seen this on TV and didn't give it much thought, but I may rent it from Blockbuster and give it a shot...

Trouble is there's 2 FPS games coming up. Dredd of course, and Killzone, which Gordon Rennie has worked on (a mate of mine was on level design duties), if anyone saw the previews in Edge, then they'll be impressed.