Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Helter Skelter

Started by Leigh S, 19 September, 2019, 04:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: moly on 27 October, 2019, 01:38:00 PM
Not cheap for the dark judge expansion but will definitely buy it and any other expansions, been told by my daughter we will be playing again this afternoon

As long as you're clear on who's boss :-)

CalHab

I rounded up three friends and we had three rounds this evening. It's a really fun, light game. It took one game to get the rules, but after that it was all fine. The factions are well balanced, apart from Slaine's, which I couldn't wrap my head around.

I'd recommend it to other Squaxx.

Leigh S

Having wandered around the Second City and finding no trace in Games of Comics or book shops that might stock this sort of thing, had to go Amazon - that'll teach me to try and avoid the tax avoiders!

CalHab

I got it direct from Osprey. They had, and may still have, it available for 20% off.

Leigh S

Leigh S

My copy has arrived nice and early!  First thoughts on unboxing - they are making me feel real guilty about plastic waste here! Does it need the clear "box lids"?  The minis vary a bit (hard to tell with the wash) but that Wulf is going into the Sront minis game pronto!

CalHab

Quote from: Leigh S on 03 November, 2019, 10:22:13 AM
https://www.booksetc.co.uk/books/view/-9781472841568

Prepare for Judgement, sssssinnerssss!

Hope they do more expansions. The ABC Warriors would be perfect for this. Maybe Ace Trucking as well?

CalHab

I can't wrap my head around playing with Slaine. I'm sure there's a way to play with those characters effectively, but I just seem to lose badly every time.

Leigh S

Cursed EArth Radio might have the answer? Or not, not had chance to play it yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwhibdYaulE

Colin YNWA

Well picked this up as a late X-Mas present and while I haven't played it yet it most certainly is a handsome thing now isn't it.

moly

Looking forward to getting the dark judges expansion in April, be interesting how it will the solo player will work

Keef Monkey

Had a game with my other half at the weekend and it was so quick to grasp and play that I can see it definitely getting brought out more than most of our board games. Super simple to learn but with enough room to get nice and tactical about things so there will be depth there to keep playing more which is great.

I went the Judges and she had the Strontium Dogs and she absolutely destroyed me, I want my revenge now! It was fun enough with two factions on the board but I think it'd be great fast chaotic fun with a full roster. Impressed enough that I've pre-ordered the Dark Judges expansion because that will be ace!