Main Menu

New and upcoming partworks

Started by rogue69, 17 January, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Hachette persisting in making it a nightmare to find any one volume, then. Odd decision, too, given that Eaglemoss has done DC and a separate Batman run. Mind you, hard to think of anything else that might have the same level of clout.

rogue69

Tried to sign up for this but kept being told I had items pending  despite nothing in my basket and would let me sign up

Michael Knight

anyone hear any updates on the proposed 2000ad figurine collection partwork?

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

My initial reaction to the idea of a 2000AD figurine collection was "that'll be the day..." and a withering sigh. But hold! I have just found out that Europe has had a MILO MANARA FIGURINE COLLECTION- basically little models of his sexy girls, with a magazine.

Now, I love Milo Manara, and if I lived on my own and didny have access to real human women, and if I spoke Italian so could read the mags, I might be very interested in a shelf full of little resin nudes and scantily clad beauties. But I don't, I do, and I don't.

But if Manara can get such a collection, maybe there is hope for a prog-based one after all. Isnt Tharg's Mighty Organ well known across the channel? Or has Brexit done its wonderful job on that as well?

Could we feasibly look forward to the Carlos Ezquerra Figurine Collection?

Probably not. But it would be lovely.

SBT

The Monarch

any idea when that dc partwork comes out? i always resisted the eaglemoss ones cause i absolutely despised their whole "lets sell chunkier special editions to subs only" thing they did

Tomwe

Quote from: The Monarch on 15 January, 2021, 11:48:40 PM
any idea when that dc partwork comes out? i always resisted the eaglemoss ones cause i absolutely despised their whole "lets sell chunkier special editions to subs only" thing they did
I think it's next Wednesday- 20th- but not 100% sure.

sintec

Has anyone subbed to the DC Heroes and Villians run?
Have the first volumes arrived yet?
How are they?

rogue69

Forbidden Planet have issue 2 down as being released on 3rd February so they probably won't send them out until then

rogue69

Got the first 2 today came in a padded envolope so slight corner damage. Strange choice of first gift a bottle opener as this is ment to be a family aimed collection

Bolt-01

Rogue - I've only had a cursory glance at the hachette site for this, but is there a list of 'what' is in the collection?

There are some volumes I would likely cherry pick - LSH primarily.

rogue69

sorry Bolt-01 it only shows the first 5 issues but the initial run seems to be 100 volumes
Harley Quinn hot in the city (Batman; Harley Quinn and Harley Quinn #0-7
Superman; For the man who has everything (Superman annual #11& other stories, includes Whatever happened to the man of Steel?. Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Dave Gibbons & Rick Veith stories included)
Wonder Woman; Down to Earh ( collects Wonder Women #195-202)
Batman; I am Gotham

Tomwe

I'm tempted to buy the Batman issues to continue where the Eaglemoss series left off. Although that one is still running I doubt they will cover that material so soon after Hachette - they seem more focussed on older stuff.

Tomontherun94

Just got the first 2 issues, the included poster reveals a ton of upcoming books, looks like we'll be getting;

Aquaman: The Drowning
Aquaman: The Trench
Last Laugh
Infinite Crisis
The Lightning Saga
Flash: Rebirth
Flash: Terminal Velocity
Deathstroke: City of Assassins
Deathstroke: The Professional
Suicide Squad: Kicked in the Teeth
Suicide Squad: The Black Vault

A reply to a post on their FB page also suggested a Crisis on Infinite Earths collection will be coming soon so (assuming COIE is a 2 parter) we know what at least 18 of the 100 books will be

Tomontherun94

In regards to the books themselves, Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader is a souped-up version of the paperback, with the full Secret Origins Special with all the non-Gaiman bits plus an Alan Moore Clayface story.

The Harley volume is an absolute beast with about 10 issues worth of pages.

Bonus features and build quality are leagues beyond the Eaglemoss books which feel a bit flimsy to me. While the origin strips in the Eaglemoss books are nice I find the essays to be a lot more interesting than the, tbh, very dated 40s-50s comics

rogue69

2 new figure collections coming from Fanhome (the guys that done the Build your own R2D2)
Star Wars busts collection They say 68 busts and magazines in the collection at £17.99 each ( issue 1 £2.99 issues 2,3,4 £9.00) + £1 S&H each figure. an extra £1.00 per issue gets you 5 figures of the Cantana band
https://www.fanhome.com/uk/star-wars/busts/

Street Fighter Figure collection  60 figures and magazines at £11.99 each(issue 1 99p, issues 2,3,4 £6.00each) +£1 S&H each figure no premium figures with this collecton
www.fanhome.com/uk/video-games/street-fighter-figures/