Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid - QUARTERS - Henry Flint or D’Israeli

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 January, 2021, 06:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

Timothy

The toughest choice so far, but D'Israeli by the smallest of margins.

Sean SD

Lorenzo

[Copy]
D'Israeli for Stickleback and Scarlet Traces
[Paste]
Literally for the exact same reasons. Unique style needs rewarding.

Colin YNWA

Magnetica

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 January, 2021, 11:52:12 AM
I seem to be needing to brace myself for a shock here!

Me too. First Bolland, now Flint. What's going on?

And as of right now it's not even close....bit of a thrashing. 😱

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 26 January, 2021, 11:54:31 AM

Don't worry - don't forget I do the counting...

Link Prime

Southstreeter

I nearly didn't vote, but seeing the way it's going - Flint! I prefer his strips, but possibly that's because of the writers that he's paired with. The definitive modern Dredd artist.

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 January, 2021, 12:00:36 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 26 January, 2021, 11:54:31 AM

Don't worry - don't forget I do the counting...

The counting should go easy for each Flint you can call it as if it is 5 votes. You can also disqualify all votes for D'Isreali since it is not his real name or something like that.

Wow, so far this is a big surprise........
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sixmo

I love D'Israeli's work. Scarlet Traces and Leviathan being some of my favourites. It's odd and quirky without losing any storytelling impact.

However, Henry Flint somehow manages to combine the bonkers sci-fi freakout atmosphere of Kev O'Neill or Massimo Belardinelli in some pieces like Shakara or Proteus Vex, and still brings the sheer authority of Carlos Ezquerra to his work on Dredd. A remarkable combination of skills. Concentrated thorough-bred 2000AD Thrill Power if you will!

My choice is Henry Flint

credo

Henry Flint

A modern 2000ad artist who can capture everything I love about Ezquerra, O'Neill and McMahon while maintaining a style that's very much his own. His Dredd is brilliant, evoking the best of Ezquerra and McMahon's versions.

For me, nothing in modern 2000ad comes as close to matching the insanity and invention of O'Neill in the early Nemesis books at Flint on Shakara. C'mon, the Planet Bomb!

TordelBack

D'Israeli. Flint is of course a phenomenon, and it's a pleasure to read every page, but Matt is probably my favourite comics artist working today. Sorry!