Main Menu

Judge Dredd RPG 1985

Started by Tormunda, 25 April, 2017, 08:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

And they were pretty good overall. I would have loved them to have done well enough for a second series including the ABC warriors and Nikolai Dante cast.

sheridan

I do actually have a few of the figures (bought second hand) but they didn't come with instructions - and I have a feeling they should have had cards with them, like the current Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog miniatures games - so have no idea how to play with them.  Nice figures though.

Bolt-01

Sheridan - the 2000 AD character were in the 'indieclicks' set - I bought a few of these and got myself one of the rulebooks as well. I'll see if I can find that and look at scans. The powers were fairly generic though, in order to let the 2000 AD characters interact with the other universe too.

The only clik I never manged to get was a Judge Dredd. Crazy, I know.

wedgeski

It's on my TODO list to find copies of these. I still have Slaaughter Margin but my copy of the actual RPG went for a walk during Sixth Form, I think I must simply have left it at a friend's house.

sheridan

The RPG is fairly easily available at not-too-silly prices on popular eAuction sites - though I'm currently concentrating on WOiN-based RPGs...

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 25 April, 2017, 08:14:33 PM
The Games Workshop games:

• Judge Dredd the Role-Playing Game (box set / rulebook depending on edition, based on WFRP)
  • The Judge Dredd Companion (supplement)
  • Judgement Day (scenario)
  • Citi-Block (JD/W40k supplement)
  • Slaughter-Margin (scenario)
At some point I should go through all my copies of White Dwarf and compile a list of the JD articles that were featured (at least some of which were later reprinted in the Companion, above).

(taken from this rpg.net thread)

Last night (or was it really early this morning) I got around to combing the 2000AD RPGs era of White Dwarf that I have and came up with the following.

2000ADopedia (as it was the easiest place I could think of to put all the info that I could easily edit at a later date).

Issue 73 (January 1986): review of the Judge Dredd - The Role-playing Game
Issue 76 (April 1986): You're Booked! - The Justice Department Accounts Division for Judge Dredd, by Marcus L Rowland (art by Mark Harrison
Issue 77 (May 1986): The Crazy File - New Crazes for Judge Dredd by Pete Tamlyn
Issue 78 (June 1986): The Spungg Ones! - A Judge Dredd adventure for a small team of Judges by Marcus Rowland
Issue 79 (July 1986): Psi Judges by Carl Sargent
Issue 80 (August 1986): Something Special - Special abilities for the Judge Dredd game by Hugh Tynan
Issue 82 (October 1986): Narks! - Informers in Judge Dredd, by Carl Sargent
Issue 83 (November 1986): A Day in the Life of Sector 255 by Hugh Tynan and adverts for Judge Dredd: The Game of Crime-Fighting in Mega-City One, Judge Dredd - The Role-playing Game and Judgement Day.
Issue 85 (January 1987): Thrud the Barbarian by Carl Critchlow
Issue 86 (February 1987): The Trouble With Time - time travel for the Judge Dredd RPG by Marcus Rowland
Issue 88 (April 1987): A Night in the Death of Sector 255 - an adventure for the Judge Dredd Roleplaying Game by Hugh Tynan, art by Brett Ewins; Pass-Interference Eat Judge Boot, Creep - Judges in Blood Bowl, by Lewis Foti, Marc Gascoigne and Jervis Johnson; advert for Rogue Trooper (boardgame)
Issue 89 (May 1987): reviews of the Rogue Trooper Boardgame and Slaughter Margin; Illuminations: Brett Ewins
Issue 90 (June 1987): You'll Never Take Me Alive, Cop - Aarrgh - perps as player characters in Judge Dredd the Roelplaying Game by Carl Sargent, art by Nik Williams; Tales from Mega-City One - adventure outlines by Hugh Tynan; We Gotta Traitor to Find - new cards for the Rogue Trooper boardgame by Graeme Davis and Jervis Johnson
Issue 92 (August 1987): Thrice Upon a Time in Mega-City 1 - three adventures for the Judge Dredd Roleplaying Game by Marcus Rowland
Issue 93 (September 1987): Lone Trooper - solitaire rules for the Rogue Trooper boardgame by Richard Halliwell; All the Lonely People - campaign characters for the Judge Dredd Roleplaying Game by Marcus Rowland; advert for the Judge Dredd Companion
Issue 94 (October 1987): To Live and Die in Mega-City One - an epic adventure for the Judge Dredd Roleplaying Game by Marcus Rowland; Happy Hour - new counters for the Block Mania boardgame by Richard Halliwell
Issue 95 (November 1987): To Live and Die in Mega-City One Prog 2: The Big Sleep by Marcus Rowland; advert for Citi-Block: Judge Dredd Floor Plans
Issue 96 (December 1987): To Live and Die in Mega-City One Prog 3: Let's Do the Time-Warp (Again) by Marcus Rowland

sheridan

A quick glance suggests three of the things that first appeared in White Dwarf were later repackaged for the Companion (upthread) - counting that epic adventure as 'one thing'.

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: sheridan on 01 June, 2020, 01:07:45 PM
A quick glance suggests three of the things that first appeared in White Dwarf were later repackaged for the Companion (upthread) - counting that epic adventure as 'one thing'.

I think only the Something Special article made it into the Companion for certain (a collection of largely useless Special Abilities) and maybe the Crazy Files (I don't have that WD so they could be a different selection of Crazy Files) - the epic adventure 'To Live and Die in Mega-City One' (which I've played, but never read) was completely different to 'Fear and Loathing in Mega-City One' (which I've read but never played, and consists of absolutely massive amounts of background material that the Players have no way of finding out without a massive infodump shoehorned in somewhere...)
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

sheridan

Anybody here played any 2000AD RPG games, either in person (before lockdown, or after if you have willing housemates) or over t'internet?  I'm presuming play by mail is now play by email in all cases.