Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Not much action the last few days - so here is another lovely Cliff Robinson Dredd from my collection:

:P
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

I feel like I am hogging this now.

I have been in a very good mood today as this finally arrived -

It's a joke. I was joking.

opaque

:)

Which story is that from Skullmo?y

Spikes

Oh very nice! One of my fave covers of recent times.
Quality boobage by King Carlos. Was this direct from the master?

Spikes

Mr Dayglo is selling off the original art for the entire and final Apocalypse War episode.

Only fly in the ointment is that its £5,000. Anyone wanna go shares?

opaque

If I can have the last page I still pay you pay in installments over the next 20 years ;)

Spikes

Three buyers getting two pages each? Or a six man team snagging a page each? (which would mean splitting it all up..)
Dunno how it could be worked out to reduce the cost, and then youve the dilema of who gets what page.....

But id deffo be interested in trying to snag a page(s) from this.

opaque

I think it's too expensive to split it up though and you might get several people wanting the same page if it was to be split.
£833 a page is too much. It kind of makes sense as a whole collection though which is why it is the price it is I'm sure.

I really want a Apocalypse War page but even if I had the money for just one page I just don't think I would go for it. Maybe to add to the 'when I win the lottery' list and hope noone buys it till then?
Only needs to be till tomorrow morning ;)

hippynumber1

I agree, £833/page is expensive! How much did J3DI's page go for? Nowhere near that much, and there was that cover not so long back that didn't go for a whole lot more...

opaque

£465 in the end wasn't it?

That they are the last set of the story, that it's a whole set together and that it's old and rare makes it more valuable than the sum of it's parts so the price is 'fair' in that respect. But that is also a barrier for many people and something that makes splitting it harder as well.
I'm sure theres someone that will go for it at that price though. Sell something else they have (artwork, car, motorbike, wife) to able to get it.

ming

It would be a shame to see this split up, really.  Like JJ's McMahon Pin-boing story, it's something that's more impressive complete and makes it far better than the sum of its parts.  There are some pages that work well on their own but taken altogether the impact is far greater. 

Not that I'd refuse any page from this ;)

Meanwhile, where's that tracking number..?

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 22 February, 2013, 01:05:55 PM

Is something being tracked?  ;)

Yes, it would be almost criminal to split it up, but £5,000....
And i notice that Rufus is now listing a very nice McMahon Dredd page from the brilliant Brain Blooms episode that appeared in prog 18.
Sigh, its all landing at once - again!

hippynumber1

Did that 'Barney' page go Iain? Last time I looked, it was still 'on hold'

Spikes

I havent checked in a while, either.
Not heard owt back from the seller, so i guess the mysterious 'big name artist' is still in the front of the queue in regards to buying this.

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 22 February, 2013, 02:50:44 PM
Quote from: ming on 22 February, 2013, 01:05:55 PM

Is something being tracked?  ;)

I'm saying nothing!  Yet.  ;)

Quote from: Judge Jack on 22 February, 2013, 03:02:32 PM...so i guess the mysterious 'big name artist' is still in the front of the queue in regards to buying this.

Buttonman kept that very quiet, didn't he?