Main Menu

The Avengers (2012)

Started by Goaty, 27 April, 2011, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 May, 2012, 04:33:38 PM
Loved the design of the flying fish monsters, absolutely great.

When the first one appeared I thought it was the turtle from Discworld.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

the shutdown man

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

TordelBack

That is pretty brilliant.

Richmond Clements

QuoteThe sheer skill in giving every character something memorable to say and do and be, and generally something fairly meaty to boot, defies comprehension.  Add to that the successful samplng of Iron Man and Thor's supporting casts, and the maintaining of the details of their relationships (for example, Thor's love of Loki, and Loki's fatal flaw as a villain, so perfectly observed by Coulson), and it's a technical accomplishment that's very hard to beat.

Yeah -this.
I was VERY impressed by how Wheldon was confident enough to take his time at the beginning lay the groundwork for an actual plot before drip feeding up the main characters.

TordelBack

Something else I enjoyed was the way the audience were trusted to spot punchlines amidst all the spectacle, and how those lines were used for characterisation - Cap handing [spoiler]Fury that €10 bill[/spoiler], for example.  It's a cleanly-told gag, but it's not elaborated and doesn't slow anything down, and it simultaneously serves to develop the idea of Steve's re-engagement with the world.  That's nice economy. 

Goaty

Just back from see the subtitled version of the film, but the Empire Cinema was strange as it got new Studios, with about 50 seats (in three rows) it feelings like personal cinema!

It brilliant film as I enjoy it so much! Great characters, the action scenes and sooooo funny!

The Hulk was so brilliant and funny!

As all The Avengers did well and Loki as well.

Sorry for major spoilers as I am point out great moments in it!

[spoiler]One of SHIELD staff play the game on his computer![/spoiler]

[spoiler]Loki "I am listening"[/spoiler]

[spoiler]As the SHIELD plane pilot attack the Hulk, the Hulk jump on his plane. Pilot "Target Location!" "Target Angry!"[/spoiler]

[spoiler]As all the Avengers getting ready, Bruce arrives slow on motorbike, it is good and reality break!
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The Hulk first punch on the dragon! [/spoiler]

[spoiler]I am glad there is more Dragons! [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Iron Man "Let's go Legolas." [/spoiler]

[spoiler]The Hulk punch Thor at the train station (That was so best of all in this cinema as the audience laughs as that something you didnt expected!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The Hulk beat up Loki, and "Puny God"! [/spoiler]

Roger Godpleton

I really hope Marvel put out a straight-up comedy superhero movie.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Goaty

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 07 May, 2012, 10:26:36 PM
I really hope Marvel put out a straight-up comedy superhero movie.

Edgar Wright maybe doing Ant-Man movie...

DeFuzzed

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 May, 2012, 04:33:38 PM

I for one was glad that the Divine Scarlett, that Colbie Smulders one and (yes!) Jenny Agutter were there to haul me onto the straight and narrow, because at one point I was feeling worryingly gay for Chris Pine (well, for Cap anyway).  Despite having had grave misgivings about the casting, I could happily have watched Black Widow strutting her superspy stuff for another couple of hours: that glorious sexy nose is hypnotic (never confused, never confused)..

If you're going to go gay, no shame in picking Chris Pine to show you the way. Except for he's the Other Captain, Captain Kirk. Which is still fine. Chris EVANS is Cap.

There's talk of a Black Widow spin-off and I am so there for that. Absolutely 100% there. She totally ruled and I want to see more of that ruling.

bluemeanie

Quote from: DeFuzzed on 08 May, 2012, 11:34:41 AM
There's talk of a Black Widow spin-off and I am so there for that. Absolutely 100% there. She totally ruled and I want to see more of that ruling.

Dont think I'd be up for that. She was ok, a LOT better than I was expecting.... but a whole film? Nah.

What I could see though would be a SHIELD movie with her, Hawkeye, Fury and the luvvverly Ms Hill
Oh, and of course [spoiler]Coulson when they reveal he isnt really dead and Fury just lied to motivate the team[/spoiler]

JOE SOAP

The only Marvel film I'd demand to see would be a Spidey/Doctor Strange crossover. It has to happen...one day.

Goaty

Love this scene, but IT'S VERY VERY BIG SPOILER IF YOU CLICK ON IT!!!!

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3myqu3E5x1qa0uido1_500.gif

Proudhuff

Quote from: the shutdown man on 07 May, 2012, 07:36:08 PM
The afore mentioned second post-credits scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLnNP2xh8Ho

This video has been removed by the user.   :(
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

TordelBack

Quote from: DeFuzzed on 08 May, 2012, 11:34:41 AM
If you're going to go gay, no shame in picking Chris Pine to show you the way. Except for he's the Other Captain, Captain Kirk. Which is still fine. Chris EVANS is Cap.

Well that's that then.  I could never love any man called Chris Evans.