Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Quote from: sintec on 05 August, 2018, 09:10:33 AM
Quote from: Tomwe on 04 August, 2018, 06:24:19 PM
(It came today)

And presumably it contained the right issues? (I seem to remember you persuaded them to do you a double delivery last month to get back in sync with the shop release dates).
Yes- meltdown man & Slaine 2.  Was slightly worried was gonna end up skipping another month

Woolly

Hang on... does this mean i'm nearly a month behind schedule?

A call to Hachette methinks...  :think:

moly

Tomwe was it relatively painless process to get hatchett to get you up to date ? Cheers

sintec

Quote from: Tomwe on 05 August, 2018, 11:31:13 AM
Yes- meltdown man & Slaine 2.  Was slightly worried was gonna end up skipping another month

I'd forgotten the 2nd book in the next delivery was Slaine 2 - excellent I'm looking forward to that.

moogie101

Quote from: Woolly on 05 August, 2018, 01:04:43 PM
Hang on... does this mean i'm nearly a month behind schedule?

A call to Hachette methinks...  :think:

Yeah many subscribers are which is a bit of a joke. Most just got issues 23/24 but 25 was already out in the shops from the 1/8.

Got absolutely no problems with the books at all but getting them after they are available in the shops just feels like an insult & for me defeats the object of actually subscribing.

Tomwe

Quote from: moly on 05 August, 2018, 03:08:10 PM
Tomwe was it relatively painless process to get hatchett to get you up to date ? Cheers
Painless is not the word I would use. Here is my post from last month detailing what I had to do in order to catch up.
Quote from: Tomwe on 03 July, 2018, 02:13:05 PM
I've been waiting for people to start getting this delivery before putting this out there, but this month I finally made them send me a double order, effectively catching me up. Issues 23 & 24 arrived at the weekend and issues 21 & 22 today.

It was when they put out that statement that somehow it was our fault for the delay that pushed me over the edge (having chosen not to get the covers book). So I emailed them right after the last shipment and said "either skip me to issues 23 & 24 or send me all four", to which they replied relatively quickly "23 and 24 are not in stock yet". Of course they weren't, that wasn't what I was asking was it. So I sent the same request again on the Monday prior to allocation, and AGAIN on the Wednesday since there had been no reply. They chose to reply on Friday, which conveniently was after the next allocation had happened. "Issues 21 & 22 are already in transit" they said. But... this email suggested I call and arrange payment for 23 & 24. A breakthrough I thought! So I called, and lo and behold was told by the useless telephone staff that those issues were not in stock. So I hung up and gave up once more. Then... out of the blue another reply, apparently to the Wednesday email, saying they had sent out 23 & 24 and I should expect two payments and two packages. Hallelujah!

It's worth noting this reply was from an email address hachetted400cancellations at jacklinservice.com. I had threatened to cancel in my email so I suspect this somehow made it through to a more able customer services bod, apparently called Alice but I always doubt the names on these emails.

So now I have all the issues to date, but the subscription page still only shows 21 & 22 having been sent. My only worry at this point is I end up with 23 & 24 again next month. I wrote to ask they clarify this but am yet to get a response to that message.

It's all quite a hassle and for some will be unnecessary, but since I knew there were at least two subscribers who had not suffered the March skip month I was willing to try. I should also say I asked exactly the same thing a month or so back via the Facebook page and was told it would be impossible.

Good luck to anyone choosing to attempt the same!

Jade Falcon

So what is everyone's opinions of Meltdown Man?  I have the Ultimate Edition collection but I'm pleased to get a hardback book.  The story is decent and while it is dated to an extent, I like it.  The artwork is beautiful and some of the design work was really awesome.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Mattofthespurs

My Judge Death figurine has just arrived.

And very nice it is too  :)

Max Headroom

Can someone who has received Slaine vol.2 please detail which stories it features?

Woolly

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 06 August, 2018, 09:47:15 AM
My Judge Death figurine has just arrived.

And very nice it is too  :)

Yup, same here.
It's pretty good  :thumbsup:

Tomwe

Quote from: Max Headroom on 06 August, 2018, 09:50:00 AM
Can someone who has received Slaine vol.2 please detail which stories it features?
Dragonheist, The Time Killer, The Battle of Clontarf
Progs 361-367, 411-428, 431-434, Annual 1985

sheridan

Quote from: Tomwe on 06 August, 2018, 10:18:20 AM
Quote from: Max Headroom on 06 August, 2018, 09:50:00 AM
Dragonheist, The Time Killer, The Battle of Clontarf
Progs 361-367, 411-428, 431-434, Annual 1985

Good month for Belardinelli fans then?  Always a shame that more of his fully painted work didn't appear in the progs, especially when you look at his last Ace Garp story (the one where Feek takes over the business) and the Battle of Clontarf.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 31 July, 2018, 05:08:51 PM
Any premium subscribers got the Death figurine yet? My account says it was sent out with issues 23 and 24. Got those books yesterday but no sign of the figurine yet.

Arrived as a separate delivery today. Excuse the crappy photos...

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Leigh S

nice!  Wouldn't stand there if I was Death though - "Blow his bonfs away!"

Geoff

I got my death today too, it's pretty good.

Like some others up thread, it seems I'm behind on the books though. No sign of the Meltdown volume - which I am really looking forward to - or the Slaine.

Rather reluctant to contact them to correct this though as might well cause some other problem...