Main Menu

Blu-ray Minithread

Started by Hawkmumbler, 22 December, 2018, 06:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Figured as we have a fair few cinephiles and film creeps around here parts, might as well set up a ' NCBD Megathread' minithread of out own! Picked up a few things over the last few months of interest...

Colin YNWA

Once upon a time in the West and Blazing Saddles - two extremes of the western scale both absolute stone cold classics.

Wild Bunch is pretty damned good too.

Hawkmumbler

And Navajo Joe for good measure, it's trash but fun and by no means Burts worst movie despite his constant beating down on it.

I'm just trying to fill out some big gaps in my Western collection, and Peckhenpha, Leone and Brook's masterpieces where glaringly absent.

Rately

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 December, 2018, 09:05:15 PM
Once upon a time in the West and Blazing Saddles - two extremes of the western scale both absolute stone cold classics.

Wild Bunch is pretty damned good too.

I've just realised I've not picked up Wild Bunch on Blu-ray, and probably time to upgrade Unforgiven from DVD to Blu-ray.

Hawkmumbler

Picked up a few Warner Archives titles for the collection. Outland is a must for any fans of our Edgintons and Culbards BRINK.

wedgeski

Love Outland. It has a scrappy quality, good action, and a brilliant soundtrack.

Hawkmumbler

Covered a few of these over at the Latest Filmies thread but here's the stuff I nabbed over January, mostly through sales....

Colin YNWA

A lot of nice films there. But Little Big Man stands out. Love that movie. If you enjoyed it worth reading the book too - and its sequel - both damned fine reads.

Keef Monkey

RAW is fantastic, and this has reminded me it's something I should really have in the collection!

Hawkmumbler

Colin, well I might enjoyed Little Big Man! Dustin Hoffman nailed a blundering yet tragic spirit of the West character who just couldn't catch a break. I'll be interested to pick up the books at some point.

Colin YNWA

Oh now your onto Bone tomahawk. Your selections are fine!

Hawkmumbler

Oh man Bone Tomahawk is great, we don't see enough experimental genre mash ups like this right now.

Mattofthespurs

can't for the life of me remember how to put pics up on this forum  >:(

Mattofthespurs

Ok, seem to have figured it out now.

These are some of my latest purchases since Christmas.

Mattofthespurs

And as you can see, I appear to have run out of space. First World Problem.