Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonk

I've eaten so many packets of cheezy puffs that my head has turned to orange and my toenails have gone all black and are curling.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Spikes

Mmm, that doesnt sound good, you may be allergic to something in the puffs. Might be an idea to get ya sen to hospital ASAP, just to be safe like.

Gonk

Spikes

Dandontdare

Quote from: wonkychop on 21 January, 2012, 07:43:06 AM
Place a tiny camera somewhere on a cat, and see just what the hell they get up to when they go out!

turns out they're prtty crap camera operators.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJJH-KgkvNM&feature=related

Mardroid

That was still interesting! If they could find a way to position the camera on the cat's head or under the chin without causing distress from the animal the view would be even closer to what the animal sees... but that would probably be too cruel.

Gonk

Thanks for the link Dandontdare.

It would be cruel with a large camera like that. You'd need a very small one so the cat doesn't know it's wearing it. It would be interesting viewing when moggy jumps into the upstairs window of the house a couple of doors down. It could even become an iphone app; trace your moggy! :lol:

vzzbux

Just spent £400 on a new 40" 3D TV  :-\
http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Toshiba_40TL868B_40_Inch_Internet_3D_LED_TV/version.asp#maindesc
Didn't bother with getting the glasses as the 3D aspect doesn't bother me and at £70 a pop they can't fuck right off.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Gonk

TordelBack

Quote from: Mardroid on 22 January, 2012, 04:11:11 PM
That was still interesting!

It'd be a lot more interesting if it wasn't an indoor cat.  My cats' territories and daily circuits have always fascinated me. 

Mardroid

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 January, 2012, 04:23:42 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 22 January, 2012, 04:11:11 PM
That was still interesting!

It'd be a lot more interesting if it wasn't an indoor cat.

Although I  decided to go for a positive post, I'll admit, I thought that too.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 19 January, 2012, 10:30:25 AM
Close both of your accounts now.

:lol: :lol: ...scary to think I've shared a thought with Roger.

Emperor

Life is sometimes sort of okay because... I fixed the zip on my coat.

As a man of science I had previously assumed that zips were the product of the darkest of magics, with the slider containing enslaved pixies whose little hands knitted the two sides of the zip together.

Now it appears they are fairly straightforward mechanical devices and there is no such thing as a broken zip unless it is missing teeth. 30 seconds with a pair of needle-nose pliers and everything was working again.* The only downside is that I have thrown away more than one coat and probably other items of clothing because of broken zips when there are fixes to most of the ways the different types of zips can break. I'll chalk this up to "the Internet can fix everything if you search long enough."

* Not the first time this has happened to me, just not with zips ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

maryanddavid

My good news is that I have overpaid my life insurance for the mortgage over the last two years, and it will come down by around €30 a month.

The bad news is I have overpaid my life insurance over the last two years. :(

Mardroid

Quote from: Emperor on 04 February, 2012, 11:53:22 PM
Life is sometimes sort of okay because... I fixed the zip on my coat.

As a man of science I had previously assumed that zips were the product of the darkest of magics, with the slider containing enslaved pixies whose little hands knitted the two sides of the zip together.

I put on my first plug head the other day. I know it's something most people learn, but it's something I've never done. Basically there was an extension lead required at our work, but the spare one not being used was stuck in a small room... with the plug lead passing through a hole in the wall to the classroom next door where the socket was located.  The plug was too large for the hole which meant retrieving it required removing the plug.

I'd left it as I'm not really technical that way, as I wasn't sure I should chance it. Then I thought, how hard could it be? Just look at where the wires go, and put them back there afterwards. Which is what I did, making a quick diagram before hand just to makes sure I put them in the right place. It worked well.

A simple accomplishment, but I felt embarrassingly proud of myself.