Main Menu

Spines

Started by Fleetos, 12 October, 2011, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Cosh, I'm on my way to your house. The shelf needs to be put into proper order.

- Trout

COMMANDO FORCES

You tell him Trout those Case Files, I just can't look as it's beyond comprehension what he's done  :crazy:

Colin Zeal

I'll have to take a picture of my book shelf over the weekend so you can all find faults with it.

COMMANDO FORCES

I feel :sick: just thinking about it.

SuperSurfer

Not sure about that case files number 60 in The Cosh's photo. All the graphics are upside down.

Emperor

I do hope Cosh deliberately monkeyed around with his book shelves for comic effect, otherwise that could be used as evidence against him in court if he ever got arrested for a bit of murder or a touch of sex crimes.

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 October, 2011, 10:53:13 PMWhen I was running out of shelf space, I had a brief flirtation with stacking my comics vertically and it seems obvious to me that you would do this with number 1 at the bottom, as that's the first one you buy.

That is how I stack them in the pile to be processed, then they get files with the #1 at the front, which is, when seen from the side, another good example of how things maturally fall into a right to left ordering.

I have recently implemented a new space efficient stacking system (photos will be made available when I'm happy with the classification system and when I can be arsed) so life was made a lot easier because they were already arranged in right to left order.

I just checked my book shelves and they are also right to left.

I'm not sure I did all this conciously but I feel better knowing everything is the same across all my media (as it means I won't spend the evening fretting ad have to get stuck in re-ordering something).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Proudhuff

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 14 October, 2011, 01:05:37 PM
Not sure about that case files number 60 in The Cosh's photo. All the graphics are upside down.

That's a collector's item shirley? Buy two!!
DDT did a job on me

Mardroid

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 October, 2011, 08:32:41 PM
I'm so confused, it's the spines that have done it plus the op  :-[

I think I got out of that one okay  ;)

RED ALERT!  HUNTER-KILLER MODE ACTIVATED! LIQUIDATE! LIQUIDA-

Oh. Wait. That was hours ago. He's gone.

Mardroid

Quote from: Mardroid on 16 October, 2011, 02:02:13 AM
Oh. Wait. That was hours ago. He's gone.

Actually make that days ago. I really am slow these days. Need servicing methinks. Not in that way. Get back in the cupboard Vacuum Droid. Dirty 'bot! (Droid life can have that one. My rates are cheap.)

Concerning spines, I'll admit I'm in the 'don't really care' category. I love the way my Red Dwarf DVDs match up to create the programme logo though.

James Stacey

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 October, 2011, 10:53:13 PM
Pfft. Here's my Case Filing system. I thought this in itself would be enough to upset some of you, but then I noticed some things that will really shock you. SBT was crowing about his volume 6 lining up with 7 and 8, but just take a look at his 5. The helmet is down around its knees, whilst mine aligns pretty well with 7. Likewise, my volumes 1 and 2 make a pretty nice pair, whilst his are all over the place.

Definately spine differences there. My 4 and 5 are the same height and my 6,7 and 8 pretty much match too. Oh and my 16 sits facing the opposite way

The Adventurer

Hey Spine chatters, its time to spine chat.

What might the spine of Low Life: Paranoia look like? Close to the the typical Rebellion spine, like Zombo was? Or you know, not? Granted Mega-City Undercover was a blight as it was, so it probably doesn't matter. Oh, yeah, and the Lenny Zero spine, what might that look like? Since I'm rebuying Low Life, might as well rebuy Lenny Zero while I'm at it.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

mogzilla

just read hellboy, all nice aligning spines there there ,shush (gently strokes several foreheads)

Grant Goggans

Ironically and idiotically, I forgot to tell my retailer not to order Lenny Zero or Low Life, so I ended up having to purchase both.  Neither match the line as we would like.  They're white spines with black/red text that matches the fonts on their respective covers.  I'll give them both pretty nice reviews on my Bookshelf blog - they certainly do collect some very good stories, other than the risible "Street Fighting Man" - but if you have Mega-City Undercover, I certainly wouldn't bother dipping again.

Grant Goggans

Actually, whoops, Lenny Zero's is a black spine, LENNY ZERO in white, AND THE PERPS OF MEGA-CITY ONE in red, all caps, font similar to other Rebellion books but not same, creator names in white, 2000 AD logo in red, un-numbered.

Fleetos

I also will need to upload pictures when i learn how.

I have the 10 books of nikolai dante. The first two are originals when they came out. But have DC/2000ad branding.

From 3-10 are all the purple spines.

Now, did the first 2 get released with the purple spines?

And why does it bug me to have them not match????? lol