Main Menu

Prog 1809 : THIS ONE'LL KILL YA!

Started by Buttonman, 10 November, 2012, 01:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

The three way Dreddworld thrill reaches maximum excitement as...

Well let's just say it's hotting up.

Some masterclass Dredd from Ewing with Hershey harking back to the Judge Child mission and reflecting that Dredd may not have been right back in her rookie days. Every issue these days seems to be a classic with far reaching consequences for Dredd, the City and indeed me.

No letters page this week although Tharg does bask in the glory of hoodwinking us all again.

Did anyone get a Meg today? Due by the old shedule but I don't know if the new monthly format will push it back a week.

Eamonn Clarke

Heh-hey. Dirty Frank tells the "Wittiest man in the world" joke
:lol:

no meg here

Dan Kelly

We now have a name for The Biscuit Dunking Man and it looks like he's been around for quite some time (in fact we've seen him before the current run I think)

Wonder what this really means for Frank and Jack, as both of them may not come out of this unchanged...

A.Cow

I'm just staggered at the sheer depth of detail in all this stuff.  All the cross-referencing, going back through Dredd history ... all the God City seeds that were planted years ago ...

Even the little normal, regular 2000 AD touches like the names on the list of Wally Squad operatives (Matthew Brooker (ha-ha), Mark Buckingham, Shane Oakley, etc.)

I presume that the "Next Prog" on both ABC & Brass Sun was deliberate, too.

It all goes to remind us what amazing geniuses (genii?) work on the Galaxy's Greatest.

(Although I'm not so convinced about the line work on Jack Point on this week's cover.)

Bravo Tharg!

Frank

That list of Justice Department undercover operatives in full:

Judge Andy Riley,
Judge Desmond Coyle,
Judge Neil Hannon,
Judge Keith Cullen,
Judge Ciaran Donnelly,
Judge Mick McEvoy,
Judge Henry Bigbigging,
Judge Hank Tree,
Judge Hiroshima Twinkie
Judge Stig Bubblecard,
Judge Johnny Hellzapoppin' ,
Judge Luke Duke,
Judge Billy Ferry,
Judge Chewy Louie,
Judge John Hoop,
Judge Hairycake Linehan,
Judge Rebulah Conundrum,
Judge Peewee Stairmaster,
Judge Jemima Racktool,
Judge Jerry Twig,
Judge Spodo Komodo,
Judge Cannabranna Lammer.
Judge Todd Unctious

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: sauchie on 10 November, 2012, 03:10:03 PM
That list of Justice Department undercover operatives in full:

Judge Andy Riley,
Judge Desmond Coyle,
Judge Neil Hannon,
Judge Keith Cullen,
Judge Ciaran Donnelly,
Judge Mick McEvoy,
Judge Henry Bigbigging,
Judge Hank Tree,
Judge Hiroshima Twinkie
Judge Stig Bubblecard,
Judge Johnny Hellzapoppin' ,
Judge Luke Duke,
Judge Billy Ferry,
Judge Chewy Louie,
Judge John Hoop,
Judge Hairycake Linehan,
Judge Rebulah Conundrum,
Judge Peewee Stairmaster,
Judge Jemima Racktool,
Judge Jerry Twig,
Judge Spodo Komodo,
Judge Cannabranna Lammer.
Judge Todd Unctious

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Dan Kelly on 10 November, 2012, 02:03:05 PM
We now have a name for The Biscuit Dunking Man and it looks like he's been around for quite some time (in fact we've seen him before the current run I think)

Wonder what this really means for Frank and Jack, as both of them may not come out of this unchanged...

Where have we seen him before????
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

oshii

Al Ewing has put more meat on the bones of the character of Hershey in the 2 episodes of this she has appeared in then anyone in the last 20 years.  Great stuff

Colin YNWA

Progs of this quality all but take the life out of the Prog review thread. How many ways can we all just say WONDERFUL.

So I'll focus on the Progs problems. First and foremost was that the last part of the ABC Warriors story? I know it had a Next Prog 'line' but that seemed to be a printing error as it was the same as the one for Brass Sun and it seemed like a good place to end the story??? So will it be back next week?

Second... oh right...

... that's all then...

DrJomster

Dredd / Low Life / Simping Detective just brings the awesome. Loving script and art for these. So going to buy the collected trade across the three stories. Really really good. A heartfelt thanks to everyone involved.

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Steve Green

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 10 November, 2012, 04:29:21 PM
Quote from: Dan Kelly on 10 November, 2012, 02:03:05 PM

I always thought the line about him not being part of official history meant that he would be an unknown.

Don't recall a Smiley appearing in Low Life, Simp or any Al Ewing Dredds.

Wondering what the connection between Jack's tooth and Frank's potato lump is...

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Steve Green on 10 November, 2012, 11:30:09 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 10 November, 2012, 04:29:21 PM

I always thought the line about him not being part of official history meant that he would be an unknown.

Don't recall a Smiley appearing in Low Life, Simp or any Al Ewing Dredds.

I suspect we'll find he's actually been in several previous Simp adventures...
@jamesfeistdraws

A.Cow

Earlier, I had a bit of a moan about this prog's cover.

Pete Wells has already posted it up at the excellent 2000 AD Covers blog (http://2000adcovers.blogspot.co.uk/), and I have to say that Tiernen Trevallion's pencils are brilliant -- I just feel that the inking really let this one down (badly).

Am I being too critical?

Taryn Tailz

I really like this weeks cover. Although I do seem to remember that around the same time of year last year, there was an Angel Zero cover with the same sort of background.

vzzbux

Is it me or does Frank's reaction let on that the list is incorrect (going back to the switch of the statue). Hence Dredd and dunker playing Bachmann from the start.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.