Main Menu

Iron Man 3 (2013)

Started by Goaty, 05 March, 2013, 05:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie boy

I thought they had only got as far on Captain America 2 as to show us how much skill and design has gone into the title font.

Dan Kelly

According to Wikipedia this is the current Phase 2 slate, with the single Phase 3

Iron Man 3                                      May 3, 2013
Thor: The Dark World                       November 8, 2013
Captain America: The Winter Soldier   April 4, 2014
Guardians of the Galaxy                    August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2                              May 1, 2015[

Phase Three
Ant-Man                                      November 6, 2015

Jim_Campbell

Looks like I mis-remembered that... a quick google suggests: Iron Man 3; Thor 2 (Nov '13); Capt America 2 (Apr '14); Guardians of the Galaxy (Aug '14); Avengers 2 (May '15); Ant Man (Nov '15)

Cheers

Jim

Edit: Gah. Too slow!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dan Kelly on 08 March, 2013, 01:34:26 PM
The Avengers 2                              May 1, 2015

That makes it seem very unlikely that Star Wars VII will be heading for its traditional Memorial Day slot a few weeks afterwards - if it's even possible that Abrams could turn it around by then.  Are we looking at a Christmas SW release to go toe-to-toe with Hobbit 3?

Goaty

Speak of the devil, Total Film just post article online about Marvel Phase 2 in their latest issue;

"The Thor film and the Guardians Of The Galaxy film certainly are cosmic. Guardians and Thor will take the brunt of the cosmic side of the universe, particularly Guardians, which is 95 per cent in space. I think Iron Man 3 shows the other side of Phase Two, which is delving deeper into the characters.

"What's exciting to me about [Captain America 2] - sort of about Iron Man 3 too if you look at it - is it's tonally almost like a different genre. Shane Black's described Iron Man 3 as a Tom Clancy sort of political thriller, which I like a lot. We hired our directors on Cap because they loved our explanation that we really want to make a '70s political thriller masquerading as a big superhero movie."

Feige went on to describe Guardians as "much more of a standalone film... The Avengers are not involved with what's happening out there at this time."

The first film in Phase Two, Shane Black's Iron Man 3, opens in the UK on 25 April 2013.

Hawkmumbler

Apparently Dr. Strange is also on the table for Phase 3.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 March, 2013, 02:07:45 PM

That makes it seem very unlikely that Star Wars VII will be heading for its traditional Memorial Day slot a few weeks afterwards - if it's even possible that Abrams could turn it around by then.  Are we looking at a Christmas SW release to go toe-to-toe with Hobbit 3?

Abrams said he's not tied to the 2015 date. I reckon it'll be the following year.

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 March, 2013, 04:10:59 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 08 March, 2013, 02:07:45 PM

Abrams said he's not tied to the 2015 date. I reckon it'll be the following year.

Aye, if he has any sense - 2015 seems ludicrous if the production is to have any weight.  Give them time to fake up some documents showing that Lucas wrote the plot outline in 1976 if nothing else.

shigatsu

So excited that it's finally coming! Sequels are usually a great disappointment, but Iron Man 2 was amazing so I have very high hopes for the third instalment :D

Goaty

Mabs

Quote from: shigatsu on 09 March, 2013, 12:24:07 PM
So excited that it's finally coming! Sequels are usually a great disappointment, but Iron Man 2 was amazing so I have very high hopes for the third instalment :D

Great to see you enjoyed Iron Man 2; i can't say the same for me, sadly....but here's hoping the third film will be a blast!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Goaty

Wow... IMAX poster by Jock!

Check out his other Alternate stretches!

Goaty

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Goaty on 23 April, 2013, 11:11:06 AM

Wow... IMAX poster by Jock!

Anybody else get a massive Bill Sienkiewicz vibe off that poster from Jock? In the best possible way.

Goaty

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 April, 2013, 01:51:21 PM
Anybody else get a massive Bill Sienkiewicz vibe off that poster from Jock? In the best possible way.

You're right. Looks awesome.