Main Menu

2000AD FCBD 2014.

Started by dweezil2, 19 December, 2013, 04:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tjm86 on 10 May, 2014, 06:26:17 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 May, 2014, 03:07:41 AM
Quote from: Bat King on 10 May, 2014, 01:41:52 AM
They are a shop, albeit an online one, and get FCBD products the same way the LCS do - they buy them.

99p for a free comic is pretty much just covering P&P.

99p was for the comic; the postage charge was added at checkout.

They only charged me 99p.  Nowt was added at checkout. 

Had a message from them saying it's on its way so will keep looking.  With bank holiday post can be a bit odd.  (Ok, more odd than usual!)

Same here. I paid 99p in total which covers postage...*just* Can't ask for more really.

Fungus

Likewise.
And 99p postage is cheap - no charge at all would be odd.

As far as getting people into shops on FCBD; I tried that last year. By lunchtime the prog was gone.

mogzilla

it would have cost me a damn sight more to go on the bus to get em so really I made a £4 profit!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: mogzilla on 10 May, 2014, 11:45:02 AM
it would have cost me a damn sight more to go on the bus to get em so really I made a £4 profit!

Actually when you put it like that going town early to get this seems a bit daft now... must remember for next year...

Dan Banks

Will the FCBD issue ever be made available digitally? I understand that it should be physically exclusive in an attempt to get people into shops but what about releasing last years as a free teaser for the digi service?

Molch-R

Quote from: Dan Banks on 12 May, 2014, 10:11:29 PM
Will the FCBD issue ever be made available digitally? I understand that it should be physically exclusive in an attempt to get people into shops but what about releasing last years as a free teaser for the digi service?

We don't release our FCBD editions digitally - there's already a huge freebie on the iPad app and we give away PDFs through the weekly newsletter every so often :)

Dan Banks

That's fair and I can see how releasing it digitally could be seen as going against the concept of FCBD.

On a similar note, do the FCBD stories get collected in the relevant graphic novels?

Molch-R

Quote from: Dan Banks on 13 May, 2014, 07:05:12 AM
On a similar note, do the FCBD stories get collected in the relevant graphic novels?

Not sure what you mean by "relevant graphic novels" - can you explain?

James Stacey

At a guess as previous Dredd FCBD stories were collected in 'the restricted files' which would be the relevant graphic novel, I'd say yes

Dan Banks

Sorry, I just meant Dredd in Dredd graphic novels, Zombo in Zombo graphic novels etc. Definitely made it more complicated than I meant!

Spikes

Got my (nicely signed!) copy courtesy of Mr Simeon Brewer. Cheers Matey!
And a quick flick through show's that Tharg has provided yet another rather grand FCBD issue.  :thumbsup:

Tjm86

still waiting for mine  :(

Recrewt

I got my copy of the FCBD 2000AD from DH at the weekend and I must say it is impressive.  This is the first FCBD I have got my hands on and as others have already mentioned, the Dredd tale and Future Shock were particular standouts along with some great reprint material.

Quote from: Simon Beigh on 10 May, 2014, 06:54:40 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere on their site that the charge was to cover the P&P. And I think they are free P&P anyway. However, where this model breaks down is ordering multiple copies. A friend of mine couldn't get to FCBD, living nowhere near a comic shop, so ordered three comics he wanted from this site. Cost him £2.98. Far more than the postage and cardboard envelope...

I generally like DH as a company and their service. But can't help but think they are making money from the FCBD comics.... I don't like that...

FCBD is a great idea but it is a bit of a pain in the arse in practice.  DH provide a fantastic service for those who can't get to the comic shop first thing on the day.  No offence Sim but I wouldn't say 99p a comic is ripping folks off at all and the example of £2.98 for the time to pick and wrap three comics, cost of labels, the comics themselves, a comic mailer and cost of postage doesn't really leave much for them to profit from. 

BPP

Quote from: Molch-R on 13 May, 2014, 10:58:22 AM
Quote from: Dan Banks on 13 May, 2014, 07:05:12 AM

Not sure what you mean by "relevant graphic novels" - can you explain?

I assume they mean would the Dredd's go into the Restricted Files. Obviously a long way off...
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

ZenArcade

Well, the rather excellent Manager of Forbidden Planet in Belfast, presented me with my FCBD copy of 2000AD, free of charge in a quality, backed, plastic sleeve. I am chuffed to bits and grateful to him for his thoughtfulness and dilligence. Z  :D
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead