Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: glassstanley on 15 May, 2015, 01:17:06 PM
44: Doomsday

In the first or second thrillcast Cyber-Matt mentioned the Doomsday books (plural) - and when you start adding in all the Bad Frendz/Worst of Frendz/Scorpion Dance stuff that makes a lot of sense. Tour of Duty and Day of Chaos will presumably also get two books apiece.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bat King

Seems likely. They'll probably be separated as Issues but sit next to each other in Part order.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Skank

I asked on the Mega Collection FB page a while back weather or not if The Black Widow would be released and apparently its going to be put out with Vol. 74 so i can only assume it means it'll come with either the other two Nosferatu stories or some Heavy Metal Dredd.

More recently i asked if Cal-Hab Justice would be released and whilst they said it would, i got no exact book number.

Also im not sure but didn't they say that the Inspectere would be collected?

Jade Falcon

I must admit that the Heavy Mob wasn't my favourite books.  I haven't reread the Cursed Earth as I had read it not that long ago, but its good to have.

Devlin Waugh....I'm not really sure how to take this guy.  The stories, and indeed the character is interesting but some of the artwork is a bit patchy.  I'm not sure how to describe it, it's as if there was a certain style at some times.  For example, the artwork in the Star Wars:Dark Empire book was for me a style I wasn't keen on.  It might have just been a style of the time.  I prefer some artwork styles over others.  It won't dissuade me from continuing my subscription though.  So far I've only had a few books with stories I've read.  Cursed Earth, Apocalypse War/Block Mania, the Shamballa story in Shamballa and Father Earth in Heavy Mob.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Spikes

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 May, 2015, 05:07:58 PM
Day of Chaos will presumably also get two books apiece.

Would dearly love to see the DoC collected into a single volume.
And with the Michael Carroll 'Downtime' episode re-instated.

In terms of page count, its the longest Dredd epic, but if Block Mania/Apocalypse War can fit into a single release...

Judge Nutmeg

sleeze and rider going to appear in one volume so possible even Harke and Burr could make an appearence. obviously mean machine, Judge Death, missionairy man, pj maybe will get their own volumes. I'd like to see fatties ,Otto Sump, Walter the wobot, Mrs Gunderson get their own books

Skank

The wikipedia page says Judge Child is coming out after Shimura.

robert_ellis

If Judge Child is 163 pages (thanks Barney) what else could be packaged up with this issue?

Skank

Quote from: robert_ellis on 16 May, 2015, 10:43:23 AM
If Judge Child is 163 pages (thanks Barney) what else could be packaged up with this issue?

Maybe the first Fink story?

Spikes

To complete the tale, City of the Damned (93 pages) and not forgetting 'In the year 2120' (24 pages) from prog 1077.

That would be about 280 pages in total. Too much of a stretch for one book?

Tjm86

Quote from: Spikes on 16 May, 2015, 12:13:30 PM

To complete the tale, City of the Damned (93 pages) and not forgetting 'In the year 2120' (24 pages) from prog 1077.

That would be about 280 pages in total. Too much of a stretch for one book?

I'd have thought the Zombie Dredd tale would have been packaged with COTD.

robert_ellis

I think I asked about darkside but there were no plans to reprint it

Tjm86

and yet they put out the Heavy Mob.  Shame. 

Dark Jimbo

Darkside's due for a reprint fairly soon in any case - Case Files 26, no?
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

Isn't destinys angels part of the judge child cycle as well?