Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: The monarch on 16 May, 2015, 07:40:01 PM
Isn't destinys angels part of the judge child cycle as well?

IIRC it was the follow up to Judge Child with Chrysler setting Fink and Mean on Dredd.  Ezquerra on art duties.  One of the post Apocalypse War stories.

Skullmo

Quote from: Spikes on 16 May, 2015, 09:29:53 AM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 May, 2015, 05:07:58 PM
Day of Chaos will presumably also get two books apiece.

Would dearly love to see the DoC collected into a single volume.
And with the Michael Carroll 'Downtime' episode re-instated.

In terms of page count, its the longest Dredd epic, but if Block Mania/Apocalypse War can fit into a single release...

. . . You already know it's going to be in 2 books!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

I hope they print all the Blood of Satanus stories in one book - I'll buy that one!

Hawkmumbler

Now I wasn't gonna get any of these, a complete collection of ALL the Koburn stories however....

Skank

Quote from: Skullmo on 17 May, 2015, 10:10:41 PM
I hope they print all the Blood of Satanus stories in one book - I'll buy that one!
Question, do most people hate BOS III, because i really liked that story but i never see it mentioned anyware other than one or two negative reviews.

Skullmo

Quote from: Skank on 18 May, 2015, 12:37:24 AM
Quote from: Skullmo on 17 May, 2015, 10:10:41 PM
Question, do most people hate BOS III, because i really liked that story but i never see it mentioned anyware other than one or two negative reviews.

It certainly divided people. It was written by Pat Mills (whose writing divides fans) and drawn by John Hicklenton (whose art really divides fans) so not unexpectedly it has its hatas. I love it, and I would love to see a better print of the art - apparently it is huge and the original printing did not do the linework justice.

Spikes

Quote from: Skullmo on 17 May, 2015, 10:09:37 PM

In terms of page count, its the longest Dredd epic, but if Block Mania/Apocalypse War can fit into a single release...

Do I?

Skullmo

Quote from: Spikes on 18 May, 2015, 11:34:40 AM
Quote from: Skullmo on 17 May, 2015, 10:09:37 PM

Do I?

Remember . . . . the discussion about the covers? In the pub??

robert_ellis

With this collection is there any link between the spine image and the contents? Devlin seems to line up but not Anderson. I'm guessing we'd need a very thin Fatty image for this plan to work.

Bat King

I think that it is mere coincidence with Devlin Waugh lining up. But we'll see...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

The Monarch

I read in your blog about the next one. I find it kinda odd they are starting with the second story rather than the first

Skank

Quote from: The monarch on 21 May, 2015, 09:19:07 PM
I read in your blog about the next one. I find it kinda odd they are starting with the second story rather than the first

Im guessing this is so they can put Our man in Hondo out along with the first Shimura stuff to begin the Hondo City stuff.

Super Mario

Swimming in Blood has a weird ending. The big showdown gets interrupted then it just stops.

Love the character though. The meeting with Dredd was hysterical.

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: Super Mario on 22 May, 2015, 10:12:00 AM
Love the character though. The meeting with Dredd was hysterical.

Ah, I'm glad you said that. I knew I had once read a Devlin Waugh story where he meets Dredd and I wasn't sure whether it would be in this collection. I look forward to seeing it again, if it's the one where he has trouble at customs.

Super Mario