Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Most emotional JD stories?
« Last post by Richard on Today at 05:57:24 pm »
Surprised America II got a mention but not the first one!
Film & TV / Re: Current TV Boxset Addiction
« Last post by Mattofthespurs on Today at 05:56:28 pm »
How have I not watched Black Mirror before!

Man, this is top stuff.

It's better, in my opinion, than Inside No 9, which is my fave TV prog from the last 10 years.

Ok, the first episode is a pretty hard watch (of season 1) but the next one was my fave until I saw the Christmas special which is possibly my favourite bit of TV in the last 10 years ever.

I have yet to watch season 3 and I'm glad season 4 starts on the 29th of Dec. Awesome. Just awesome.
Prog / Re: Prog 2061 - Happy New Year, Bitches!
« Last post by Leigh S on Today at 05:34:06 pm »
No post, let alone Prog, in the snowy wastes of the Birmingham Gap... any other muties in the vicinity get theirs?
« Last post by Something Fishy on Today at 04:58:33 pm »
Terrible from the post I mean.
« Last post by Something Fishy on Today at 04:57:49 pm »
I wonder if it went first class because you are a sub?

Typical dom thinking.

What is Dom thinking?

Anyway, it hasn’t arrived yet so I’m guessing it’s lost in the post.  Second class stuff seems to fail to get here more often than it arrives these days.  Terrible service.
Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by Theblazeuk on Today at 04:15:24 pm »
Caught Paddington 2 at the Hebden Bridge Picturehouse last night. Just like the first, pretty much a perfect 'family' movie. Heartfelt, funny and never overly saccharine with just enough quirk and bombast to keep a children's story moving for the adults. I felt like the CGI bear was slightly worse this time around but I suspect the cinema might just not have been quite in focus. The ending was immediately obvious from the second Paddington spotted the book,given how everyone has a Notting Hill mansion I reckon they could easily afford a plane ticket from Peru without clubbing together but of course, such a thing is not really the point. Great performances all round with Ben Whishaw's voice-acting fitting the bear's expressions perfectly - can't imagine Colin Firth in the role anymore - and Brendon Gleeson being, as always, the highlight of the supporting cast. Special mention also has to go to Hugh Laurie whose faded West End star shines brighter than the villains of the last movie, even if the plot is a little Dan Brown this time around.

The cynical part of me can't help but watch even this pleasant stuff without comparing this London to the London I lived in. In Paddington, the ordinary people live wonderful lives. It's a world where only the well-off live, with average people living in the multimillion quid properties of Portobello road rather than cramming into shared rooms, studio flats and other grinding conversions of decent properties. There's no Grenfell tower scarring the skyline. I'd very much like to live there.
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by Arkady on Today at 02:15:57 pm »
Issue numbers and volume numbers are not the same.

This should help!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_AD_The_Ultimate_Collection
Classifieds / Re: Lee Carter artbook and sketches
« Last post by LeeCarter_Artdroid on Today at 02:13:05 pm »
:), cheers , I did get to draw some Judges in Angelic but yup it's been awhile since the last one ,,
« Last post by Proudhuff on Today at 01:55:07 pm »
Cover Wot was Angela Merkel from Brass Sun not macho enough for the charge?
Droidlife: we're all been there..
Damage Report: DM to be collected Yeah! then bah!
Dredd: The Car-Roll + Happy Shrapnel Droids on Dredd = Happy P'Huff
Adverts: Faceache or Deadworld... not sure which as the more worth to me...Return to Oz...Hmmmm
Brass Sun:  That's some great storytelling and art right there...
and best line of the Prog: Two Thousand years later.  :lol: :lol:
mega letters page and not a Buttman in sight.... Where's yer Wull Shakespeare noo?  lets see how The Beast looks!
Savage: Is she/ Isn't she? Uncle Pat keeps us guessing, glad to see the correct sockets on the train btw...  :thumbsup:
40 years...ah mammaries!!

Bad Company... Please MO retire them for good, let them RIP.

Dead World: doesn't exist in mine lalalalalalala

Ace Trucking a final Ten ten would be nice.

ABC: I love a cheerie xmas message  :D
Starlord: Finally the truth is out there about TMO!

Top festive proggage with only a couple of not my things in there Thank you MO!

Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by gurnard on Today at 01:49:50 pm »
^^^^
Correct, Dante will be the last nine volumes, 72-80. Sadly Dante isn't on that bit of the spine art!

It will be nice if Dante is consecutive, but I am confused. The first volume has just been released, as issue 8. Or does it mean I will have to wait until 72-80 to get the rest of them?

If we know when they are coming is there a list of the complete set somewhere?  If so anyone got a link?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10