Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Events / Re: Colchester Comic Con
« Last post by Jim_Campbell on Today at 10:02:29 am »
there will be a small comic con in Colchester the guests include:

They appear to have forgotten to invite any actual comic creators…
Film & TV / Re: Current TV Boxset Addiction
« Last post by Tjm86 on Today at 09:56:50 am »
I'd go with that.  There are probably only about 4 or 5 episodes in the entire series that I don't tend to bother with.  Grey 17, as you say.  The episode with the kid who needs the operation but his parents are 'religious fanatics' is another.  Season 5 is probably the weakest but mainly because they got screwed around in season 4 and were convinced that they needed to wrap it up. 

Never really saw Legend of the Rangers but Crusade had its moments as well.  The movies tend to be a little hit and miss though.  My biggest bug bear on the DVD release has always been that they remastered the music for the pilot from the VHS release.  Maybe its nostalgia but I always felt it worked better.  (Bit like Legend which doesn't really work for me without the Tangerine Dream soundtrack).
Events / Re: Colchester Comic Con
« Last post by sheridan on Today at 09:40:00 am »
the problem for me is that it falls on Comic Book Day & there will be most likely a 2000AD signing in London

Still undecided if I'm going to the Ipswich one (though it does appear to be clash-free).
Classifieds / Re: Judge Dredd Bolland Poster for sale
« Last post by Kev Levell on Today at 09:27:19 am »
Style guide now down at £59.95 with free P&P for anyone that's interested.
Creative Common / Re: Rogue Trooper (and related G.I's) Fanzine
« Last post by Steven Denton on Today at 09:20:10 am »

Events / Colchester Comic Con
« Last post by rogue69 on Today at 09:12:42 am »
on 5th & 6th May there will be a small comic con in Colchester the guests include:
COLIN BAKER Doctor Who HATTIE HAYRIDGE Red Dwarf ROSS MULLEN Game of Thrones/Doctor Who
 JAMES MacKENZIE Raven PAUL WARREN Star Wars/Captain America TERRY MOLLOY Doctor Who
 SIMON FISHER-BECKER Harry Potter/Doctor Who IAN McNEICE Doctor Who/Dune/Doc Martin
 SALLY MORTEMORE Harry Potter/Game of Thrones

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=colchester%20comic%20con

the problem for me is that it falls on Comic Book Day & there will be most likely a 2000AD signing in London
Megazine / Re: Meg 393 - Hard Rain!
« Last post by sheridan on Today at 08:46:02 am »
Really liked the new creator article written by FQP alumnus Karl Stock, featuring FQP alumni Steve Austin & Paul Williams. That alongside everything written by FQP alumnus Rory McConville.

Also liked the mention in Cyber-Matts editorial of the arrival of FQP alumnus Nico Assirelli, too.

There's some kind of link there that I can't quite put my finger on... ;p

Is it gorillas?  Half the stories seem to feature gorillas these days (can't think of any stories in the last 41 years featuring gorillas, other than Krong, Ape Town and uplifts, so the balance is well overdue).
Megazine / Re: Meg 393 - Hard Rain!
« Last post by Richard on Today at 12:03:22 am »
It’s a good issue, and I liked Dredd’s comment to Heston on the last page of that episode.

But I never, ever, ever again want to read a story where Dredd has to ask someone else for permission to kick down a door. He’s not a cop.
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on 23 February, 2018, 10:28:13 pm »
I can agree with that - I still think it has a higher "hit rate" than any other show, though - including all the Star Treks.

My least favourite episode is Grey 17 is Missing, but even this has its moments.

The show is so well written - I quote it often in RL. One of my favourites is, "what do you want, you moon-faced assassin of joy?" Classic!

« Last post by Greg M. on 23 February, 2018, 10:18:03 pm »
I keep expecting the first few episodes to be rubbish but they're not. Knowing what's to come is half the pleasure.

The start and the end (especially the end) of Season 1 are largely all right - it's the middle of the season when it starts to get a bit gruelling. The episodes clustered around the exemplary Signs and Portents are the weakest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10