Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by TordelBack on Today at 11:11:30 am »
The initial splash page of Hachette 1 is missing the text. Was this in the original progs? (Mine are boxed away upstairs, and Emmerdale is on).

The text was there in the prog, & first two GN editions. It was removed from the art for the previous reprint. There, it was printed on it's own on the page immediately before the initial splash.

While I'll happily campaign for the inclusion of the 'historical' captions, and indeed all the episode-break paraphenalia, I've always hated that introductory blurb.  Put me right off, it did!
Suggestions / Re: Ballard of Halo Jones Error
« Last post by TordelBack on Today at 11:07:07 am »
Ah now, it was a bit funny! And given the dystopian suburban future of the Hoop, not a little apt.

Also, this is the 'Suggestions' section of a fan forum, albeit an official one, and you might get a more serious response to your legitimate correction from contacting Rebellion directly. 
Film & TV / Re: The Expanse
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 10:52:52 am »
The first two seasons are on Netflix as well as Amazon Prime. Perhaps the deal meant Amazon got first dibs – or it just jumped in before Netflix did.
« Last post by Jim_Campbell on Today at 10:44:25 am »
Smart move from Amazon, who could do with a few more critically acclaimed shows. I'm surprised Netflix didn't jump at this one though.

I believe Amazon already had the streaming rights, which would have made it difficult for another online service to pick it up.
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 10:17:52 am »
Smart move from Amazon, who could do with a few more critically acclaimed shows. I'm surprised Netflix didn't jump at this one though.
« Last post by Dark Jimbo on Today at 09:19:30 am »
The initial splash page of Hachette 1 is missing the text. Was this in the original progs? (Mine are boxed away upstairs, and Emmerdale is on).
Why do the Hachette volumes start by removing all the start of episode captions and logos and episode titles, but then later on start reprinting them?

The text was there in the prog, & first two GN editions. It was removed from the art for the previous reprint. There, it was printed on it's own on the page immediately before the initial splash.

Looks like whoever sent the files to Hachette didn't realise this had happened.

The 'missing' text is, perhaps, rendered a bit redundant by the 'Story so far' blurb just two pages earlier...
« Last post by Tomwe on Today at 09:13:38 am »
Looks like whoever sent the files to Hachette didn't realise this had happened.
I was under the impression that Rebellion were designing these books in-house?
(see comment from Pye Parr who didn't get to design this series though I suppose i might have misinterpreted that)
« Last post by deedeetee on Today at 09:06:24 am »
Poetry. Sheer bloody poetry.

I know you shouldn't laugh. But I did. Irony defined.

Yeah, I posted this late last night, I should have paused before hitting enter, but foolishly, after a long day at work, I thought I could get it posted before I could sleep.
But thank you for the patronising response, it has been most helpful, and I’m sure it will hasten the resolut On if this issue dramatically.
I hope you have Avery enjoyable day, and the feeling of smugness keeps you warm and fuzzy during its lulls.
« Last post by The Enigmatic Dr X on Today at 07:55:24 am »
Poetry. Sheer bloody poetry.

I know you shouldn't laugh. But I did. Irony defined.
General / Re: Space Spinner 2000AD
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on Today at 06:08:32 am »
Congratulations on and thanks for your first century of excellent podcasts. Zarjaz!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10