Main Menu

Tor Cyan cover by Jock

Started by Wake, 09 May, 2002, 07:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jock

Yea, this is the last Tor Cyan, as you say to clear the boards for Rogue.....

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

But unfortunately, he's not set to die! Now, no offence to the poor guy, but if it's gonna be your last story you want to go out in an incredibly memorable violent type way (well, a story like Cyan, anyway) but he just kinda walks off into the sunset. I'm toying with sneaking an extra panel onto the very last page...you know , PANEL 5- Cyan walks off into the sunset. THE END....Oh! PANEL 6- a sniper crack from off panel echo's through the barren wasteland as Cyan slumps to the floor, smoke rising from the exit wound in his temple......

But somehow, I don't think John Tomlinson would like it.(sorry John if you're reading this!)

Tu-plang

I sorta like the idea of Zero in 2k.  As long as he crosses back from time to time, a la Missionary Man.

Oddboy

I like Lenny Zero being a Megazine story.  It does need to hang on to it's independance a bit more.
Having said that, it'd be cool for Zero to cameo in YKKAD now & then as part of Dredd stories.
Better set your phaser to stun.

O Lucky Stevie!

>Then, wasting no time, straight onto a 6 parter called 'Zero's 7' which transfers to the weekly, and is due to start in prog 2003

please congratulate andy diggle on showing some mighty fine musical taste there, jock! though it does touch a bit of a raw nerve with 'simple things' has just been reissued in oz with a bonus disc of all the b-sides & remixes that haven't been available over here... don't you hate it when record companies do that? "i'm a fan of the music, that's why i bought the album over a year ago when it was first released..."

also, if you don't mind me asking, jock, are you still involved with elevate?

cheers,
steven
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

jock

Steven, I am still with Elevator Suite, in as much as if anything more happens with the band, I'll be involved. Whilst touring the singer decided to quit, so the record company lost faith in him, and therefore didn't release a second album. (In a twist of fate,he's since been approached to front Zero 7 when they tour, but he's turned it down) There is a demo for a second album, with Robbo once more involved, so we'll see what happens........ I'll pass on your message to Andy. Cheers!

O Lucky Stevie!

elevator suite not elevate, my apologies, jock (i must have been distracted by the atavar aesthetic of the album sleeve!).

thanks for replying, & best of luck with the new album.

speaking of zero 7, does anyone know sony released local gal done good sia's latest album 'healing is difficult' over there in blighty yet? sony tried passing it off as her debut album over here in oz, even though she had released a full album 'onlysee' under her full name sia furler back in 1997 just after her previous band crisp split.

reminds me of when the cocteau twins moved from 4ad to fontana, who put out press releases announcing 1993's 'four calendar cafe' as being the band's debut album, 11 years & 6 albums (7 if you include 1986's 'the moon & the melodies' collaboration with harold budd) after 'garlands', one of the genuinely scariest albums i've ever heard. to me elizabeth fraser sounded as if she was trying to articulate incomprehensible horrors on this album, so i wasn't at all surprised in 2000 by her revelations of sexual abuse.

far more mencing sounding stuff than their contribution to the dredd film soundtrack.

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"