Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

and I know you'll miss me, not, but I'll be off line for a couple of weeks but back in late July with some shallow and pointless comments APU,  ;)
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Hawkmumbler

I cant really put this under the drokking fantastic thread or even in the black dog thread so i'm chalking it up as a minor victory.

As of yesterday i've been 20 months clean and clear of self harm of any physical form.

Mardroid

Well done Hawkmumbler! And kudos for sharing such a personal and difficult subject. May the victories continue.

Theblazeuk

Tjm86

Minor victory my arse.  Sorry but I would politely, and robustly, suggest that you are selling yourself short.  That is 20 months of being more self respectful, developing better coping strategies, living in a more positive way, managing a healthier perspective on your life .... The list goes on.  As Madroid says, this is a difficult subject and I have no doubt that quite a few boarders can fully appreciate, either directly or indirectly, the full scope of your achievement.

I think we need a new thread somewhere: The Black Dog Victory Thread. 

I would only add one thing, if the worst should happen and you have a minor stumble then be compassionate with yourself.  All the best on your continued journey.

Something Fishy

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Good man yerself ye big Hawky fecker. When ye learn to love yerself it's a lifelong romance.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

That's great to hear, Hawkie, truly so. Magnificent, honest, brave, inspiring.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Smith

Here is a story that will probably seem weird,but anyway...I stopped following the news some time ago.Granted,I didn't read the papers or watch the TV for years,so it just required me to stop visiting a few sites.At first,its a bit odd not knowing whats going on in the world,football scores or whats the weather going to be tomorrow.But you soon realize you don't give a shit,and you start to breathe easier.  :)

sheridan

Quote from: Smith on 04 July, 2017, 11:53:40 AM
Here is a story that will probably seem weird,but anyway...I stopped following the news some time ago.Granted,I didn't read the papers or watch the TV for years,so it just required me to stop visiting a few sites.At first,its a bit odd not knowing whats going on in the world,football scores or whats the weather going to be tomorrow.But you soon realize you don't give a shit,and you start to breathe easier.  :)

I'm with you apart from the weather bit.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: sheridan on 04 July, 2017, 12:41:51 PM
Quote from: Smith on 04 July, 2017, 11:53:40 AM

I'm with you apart from the weather bit.

Me too. Got fed up of the MSM years ago, getting fed up of the AM too, now. Thoroughly sick of talking to boring people who just pick an opinion off TV and run with it without much thought.

Maybe ignorance really is bliss, one way and another.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Goaty

Bit worried for my wife as she will be featured in the bitchy programme Spa Wars tonight. As they would mock about her guide dog :(