Main Menu

Welcome to 2000AD Online

Started by VinceBot, 07 September, 2009, 09:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Beigh

Welcome supermegabot. Been following the FUTURESHOCK! Twitter feed for a little while and things seem to be progressing nicely...

We love giving opinions and I'm sure loads of people would be delighted to help you out, me included :D

Richmond Clements

Quote from: supermegabot on 12 August, 2013, 11:48:05 AM
Hey all! I'm a longtime lurker, recent-ish signer-upper and have been reading 2000AD since I was wee.

I'm one of the producers of the upcoming documentary on 2000AD, FUTURESHOCK! and will probably be asking you chaps some questions with regards to that from time to time, if that's alright with you of course...

Just bumped you up to full member - feel free to start a thread about it!

supermegabot

Hi SimeonB, many thanks and thank you Richmond Clements for bumping me up! The rest of the team and I saw your existing doc thread and are so grateful for the support.

IronGraham

Hey I got into Judge Dredd and 2000 Ad around the first film trailer, started getting 2000AD at prog 1789 and the Meg at 325. just got a sub, collected as many Dredd trades and older 2000 Ad as i can get my hand on now collecting Slaine and Strontium Dog trades.
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Nick Percival

Since I registered (quite a while ago), I don't seem to be able to post any comments anywhere other than in this 'Welcome' section. Help...?

Frank

Quote from: Nick Percival on 04 September, 2013, 08:22:23 AM
Since I registered (quite a while ago), I don't seem to be able to post any comments anywhere other than in this 'Welcome' section. Help...?

You can post here and a few other sections, Nick. Make a few innocuous posts telling everyone about your history with the comic (first prog, space spinners, that kind of thing) then as soon as Richmond gets drunk enough he'll exalt you to the rank of newbie. Try not to look as if you're impersonating a 2000ad creator.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: sauchie on 04 September, 2013, 08:27:09 AM
Try not to look as if you're impersonating a 2000ad creator.
Of course, if you are THE Nick Percival, purveyor of fine cover art in particular, then there is a special Droid status reserved for you. Dunno if a Mod grants that after your circuits have been checked, or something like that...?

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: supermegabot on 12 August, 2013, 11:48:05 AM
Hey all! I'm a longtime lurker, recent-ish signer-upper and have been reading 2000AD since I was wee.

I'm one of the producers of the upcoming documentary on 2000AD, FUTURESHOCK! and will probably be asking you chaps some questions with regards to that from time to time, if that's alright with you of course...

I'm really looking forward to FUTURESHOCK!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Nick Percival

Quote from: SimeonB on 04 September, 2013, 08:41:43 AM
Of course, if you are THE Nick Percival, purveyor of fine cover art in particular, then there is a special Droid status reserved for you. Dunno if a Mod grants that after your circuits have been checked, or something like that...?

Yep  - I am THE Nick Percival (thanks about the covers) - Didn't know about the Droid status thingy, though. I'll wait and see if someone gets in touch. Cheers.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Nick Percival on 04 September, 2013, 10:17:26 AM
Quote from: SimeonB on 04 September, 2013, 08:41:43 AM

Yep  - I am THE Nick Percival (thanks about the covers) - Didn't know about the Droid status thingy, though. I'll wait and see if someone gets in touch. Cheers.

Consider yourself droided up! And welcome!

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Frank

Quote from: Nick Percival on 04 September, 2013, 10:17:26 AM

Welcome, Nick Percival. There's a thread round here where forum members show off whatever tatty old pages of original art from 2000ad they have taking up space in the attic - I don't suppose you have anything lying around? We might have to ban you from the forum art competition, but everyone posts the last thing they've drawn on Does My Art Look Big In This?

What was it like illustrating Judge Dredd stories written by Mark Millar?

Nick Percival

Welcome, Nick Percival. There's a thread round here where forum members show off whatever tatty old pages of original art from 2000ad they have taking up space in the attic - I don't suppose you have anything lying around? We might have to ban you from the forum art competition, but everyone posts the last thing they've drawn on Does My Art Look Big In This?

What was it like illustrating Judge Dredd stories written by Mark Millar?

Cheers - I'll see what art I can dig out. The Millar story was cool at the time as it was the first Dredd story I ever did but looking back at it, er...not so much. Very early days as far as the art was concerned and it probably wasn't Millar's finest hour either....

Link Prime

Welcome Nick.

I'll take a page or two of 'Goodnight Kiss' original art off your hands if you insist on giving them away free!

Frank

Quote from: Nick Percival on 04 September, 2013, 03:20:57 PM
The Millar story was cool at the time as it was the first Dredd story I ever did but looking back at it, er...not so much ... it probably wasn't Millar's finest hour either....

You have a talent for understatement and diplomacy, which must serve you well in your professional life. Thanks for the reply, Nick.