Main Menu

Welcome to 2000AD Online

Started by VinceBot, 07 September, 2009, 09:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Hi everyone

I am new to the forum but certainly not new to the Prog or the Megazine. Indeed I actually started with Starlord but much to my regret only started to get the Prog regularly 6 months later...missing out the Day the Law Died - doh!!!

Favorites over the years are Dredd, Stront, Slaine, Nemesis, Sinister Dexter, Dante...usual suspects I guess :)

I have been enjoying reading the reviews over the last few weeks - I certainly have got more enjoyment out of Brass Sun, Flesh and Damnation Station than I think would otherwise have been the case and thought I should get involved.

ZenArcade

Wow, Starlord, that brings back fond memories. The initial Ezquera art for Strontium Dog was breath taking. The real sense of otherness shaped to a great extent my formative years.
I came back on board last year and whist loathe to criticize the great Ezquera; the artwork on Strontium Dog now seems tired and lacking that sense of a warped and strange future. The pics of the mutants tied to posts and lazered through the head in the first Feral story (I think the artist was Steve Pugh)  got across the callous brutality of the reality of rebellion than the new strip really has or I fear is likely to.
This is a personal opinion; not a cheap insult. Carlos Ezquera in his day was a truly formidable, imaginative force of nature.

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Philb70

Hi, Thanks for adding me to the forum, have been a reader on and off since Prog 2, but not read any for a few years, But picked up the 2014 prog and am hooked again, now desperately trying to fill the gaps in my collection

ZenArcade

Same as me buddy, I'm delighted to be reading again....it's immense fun. You'll really get a lot out of this forum as well. Z

Zenith 666

Sorry but was wondering if anyone knows how long I have to wait to be approved to post on other topics.

ZenArcade

There really should be an introductary heads up for new forum members. Anyhow, the site moderators are usually fairly good at granting access after it is ascertained you are not a spammer, bot, troll etc. Bolt01; Richmond Clements are 2 moderators that readily spring to mind. Send them a nice message and they should facilitate. Z

Frank

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 22 July, 2014, 10:09:50 AM
Sorry but was wondering if anyone knows how long I have to wait to be approved to post on other topics

As well as the reasons Z gave, new users are on probation to make sure they aren't mentalists who will accuse others of being part of the Illuminati because their opinion concerning the work of Gerry Finley-Day is different to their own.

It might help to make a few posts regarding topics which interest you in the many areas to which you're already granted access. As far as I can remember, most of the General Chat section is yours to do with as you please. My probationary period posts show lots of activity in the Music, Books & Comics, Film & TV, General, and Off Topic sections - if you can't find something of interest to post about amongst that lot, you might very well be an AI attempting to pass the Turing test, rather than an actual real live human:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?action=unread;c=3

Grugz

also,just say something nice about Gordon rennies take on dredd,foolproof way to prove youre not a nut.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Zenith 666

Seems I can post on almost any topic but the prog and meg reviews.only really wanted to post that midnight comics September pack has the line-up for prog 1900 including [spoiler] Stickleback(yay) Disraeli is just fantastic,Greysuit,the return of kingdom(going to have to buy the trades)and the new Dredd epic by Wagner and ezquerra Block Judge.[/spoiler]200ad is just on fire at the minute and prog 1900 looks a belter.thanks for the replies guys appreciate it.

Wayne Hughes

Zenith 666

Come back tomorrow place is closed :)

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves

ZenArcade

Pegasus P Artichoke

Hi everyone

New reader and new poster

Loving the forum so far
We'll give them back their heroes

Jaydanzig

Thanks for letting me join guys, I've been a huge 2000ad fan since 1980, plus I've already put my name forward for the Christmas calendar for this year.

Cheers
Wrong move..creep!