Main Menu

Ten-Seconders

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 August, 2010, 10:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I really enjoyed the second 'Ten-seconders' story and was really looking forward to reading this one as its a great idea. Alas I was a little underwelmed by this first outing.

The problem I had was I never actually felt I believed in the Gods. I never got a grip of what they were and was never convinced that they were the terrors they are meant to be. Ok ok so they'd devastated the entire global and all but when they are encountered in person to make the story in any way workable they just don't seem as powerful as they portrayed as during the set up. To a degree the world doesn't hang together and thus I'm pulled out working out exactly what the Gods are and how they work.

Another thing of note is the curious change of Mark Harriosn's art mid-way through an episode to a more fully painted style that reverted back to his more inked work later. Does anybody know why this came about?

Having said all that it was far from a bad story, the basic set up I love and the characters worked well enough. A case of close but not quite.