Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Last game played...  (Read 130431 times)

Theblazeuk

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
Re: Last game played...
« Reply #1980 on: 18 December, 2017, 03:13:34 pm »
Dishonoured 2 - it's good, love the world building, can never get over how easy it is to just moider everyone. The powers allow a lot of fun but honestly don't need them if I'm on a good murder spree. Tend to play stealthy/non-murderous just to add a bit of challenge. Not really using any power other than Far Reach to swing around like spiderman.

Keef Monkey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • I knew you'd say that...
    • View Profile
    • POPOLAC
« Reply #1981 on: 05 January, 2018, 11:11:18 am »
(posted this in the Switch thread accidentally so will move it here!)

Played through Watchdogs 2 over the holidays and had a great time. The systems give you lots of scope to figure out your own solutions to missions and make it really satisfying, there were loads of times I didn't physically enter a mission area, but crept around the periphery remote-controlling my drone and RC car thingy to stealth through areas and hack what needed hacked. It makes for a really unique approach to stealth, and gives it a ton of player agency.

People seemed really down on the first game in general so would be a shame if that put people off because this is a real step up, it's got some swagger and confidence that was missing before, the tone is way more fun and the characters and lead are great. Didn't expect to like it as much as I did, but it was brilliant.

The Enigmatic Dr X

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: 05 January, 2018, 03:35:49 pm »
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Hard as nails. But really good fun. And nice to see Hitler as a self-pissing semi-senile maniac, yet still keeping his insance murderous pyscopathy.
Lock up your spoons!

pictsy

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
    • Pictsy on DeviantArt
« Reply #1983 on: 11 January, 2018, 08:04:33 pm »
Finally finished Resident Evil 6 with my friend (we didn't get to play much over the hols).  Gah, the game is bad.  The Leon campaign turned out to have it's own frustrations and I think is marginally better than the Chris campaign.  Both are considerably better than the Jake campaign.  I really didn't enjoy it that much and any of the cool or interesting bits were over-shadowed by its failures - of which there were many.

I also purchased Lollipop Chainsaw before Christmas and finished it pretty quickly.  It was a fun game that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I liked its goofiness and the music themed bosses.  I think it also has replay value as I'd like to unlock more of the stuff.  I like it's art style, also.  Bright colours and comic book aesthetic... nice :)

There are a bunch of games that are candidates for my next playthroughs.  Finished Dead Space 3 might be a priority, but it looks like Metal Gear Peacewalker is now an option.  I also have both Baldur's Gates (I never played the second one, but loved the first one when it came out) and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

Smith

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: 11 January, 2018, 08:18:18 pm »
Got aome stuff at GOG.Stronghold Crusader,Jazz Jackrabbit,Army Men RTS...

Keef Monkey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • I knew you'd say that...
    • View Profile
    • POPOLAC
« Reply #1985 on: 12 January, 2018, 09:47:52 am »
Congratulations on making it through Resi 6! It's a slog and no mistake, although as a fan of the series I'm glad I trudged through it for curiosity's sake. Lollipop Chainsaw is great fun, I'll buy anything Grasshopper put out because they're always unique and entertaining, the No More Heroes games are fantastic. There's such a madcap creative energy to their games that you never quite know what madness is going to happen next. Their next game is Switch exclusive, so that'll probably be the thing that finally sways me to get one. 

NapalmKev

• Posting Machine
  • No Beans Man! Cheers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: 22 January, 2018, 11:41:53 am »
Call of Duty: WW2

Some good, some bad!

The good - The multiplayer reminds me of the original Black-Ops in terms of gameplay, which is a good thing as I think that B-Ops is still the best CoD to date. I'm glad the Developers have gotten rid of the awful wall-running/Double-Jumping which i'm not a fan of at all! The level design is good but not great, sadly. None of the Maps leap out as anything truly exceptional but at the same time none of them are completely shit. The Graphics are superb with rich detailed battlegrounds, no garish oranges, yellows and teals here!

Zombies is quite good and offers a little bit more to the formula with activities to do around the Map rather than just herding the fuckers into a group and wiping them out. And the Easter eggs are actually achievable by standard/average players.

The bad - only 9 multiplayer maps (10 with season pass) which is a bit of a piss take. It's been suggested by some that this might be due to having to change the game halfway through the development cycle which may be the case but I can't play Team Deathmatch on excuses. There's a mode called 'War' which has been Stolen borrowed from the likes of Battlefield 1 and Destiny. It's a dull game mode and made all the worse because we will now get less multiplayer maps in the Season pass (3 instead of 4) because 'War' maps are separate.

I like the game and consider it one of the best CoD's in years but the lack of maps is starting to grate a bit.

Cheers