Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Look away, just look away from the shiny, shiny sales!

Goaty

I bite the bullet and buy the whole bundle from Humble, I really got Origins, Fourth Faction, Amercia, but I will give it to my brother as he not read it! But the Casefile 05 is the whole cost of bundle (as lucky I didn't get that in first place!) But I never read any IDW before so nice treats for me!

5 stories in PDFs is horrible anti-clockwise around, anyone know how to correct that problem?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: I, Cosh on 10 January, 2018, 10:24:30 AMI assume there will be another Image one along soon...
Here's hoping. In the meantime: Top Shelf.

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 January, 2018, 07:41:04 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 10 January, 2018, 10:24:30 AMI assume there will be another Image one along soon...
Fortunately, I don't like LoEG so I think I can resist this one for a while...
We never really die.

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 January, 2018, 07:41:04 PM

Some great stuff in there, but wasn't this exact same bundle on offer about two years ago?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 12 January, 2018, 10:27:20 AM
Fortunately, I don't like LoEG so I think I can resist this one for a while...

Arh I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get on with LoEG. The Bundle is great but thankfully there's not enough stuff I don't have to drag me in.

rogue69

Hachette partworks have their January Half price sale on, but as normal the judge Dredd collection is not included

BPP

The top shelf humble bundle is worth the money for Essex County alone. That's a great collection if you haven't read it.

Is the Mick McMahon Who stuff in any of those £5 books?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

IndigoPrime

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 February, 2018, 10:37:27 PM
New Image Humble Bundle. Eight days left.

Thankfully I'm easily resisting this as my to read list is FAR too long. There's a lot of good stuff there though and these are always worth a go.

Colin YNWA

Jez how much have I changed as a reader. Only a few years ago I'd have been all over that like a rash. These days I have so much stuff to read and I'm so disconnected to the big two that I could hardly find a thing to interest me. Don't get me wrong there is some great stuff there, some Nocenti Daredevil, Simonson Thor being highlights BUT it took until The Nam which I've always been tempted by to take the plunge...

... what the hell is wrong with me!

The Adventurer

Quote from: chris_askham on 12 March, 2018, 08:48:46 PM
For any Comixology users, there's a whole heap of Marvel collections on there at the minute for 69p a pop.

https://www.comixology.co.uk/Marvel-Recent-Trades-Sale/page/17867?tid=E180312001&utm_source=comiXology+Digital+Comics+Newsletters&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=E180312001_Marvel_Recent_Collections_Sales_Email

It probably says something about Marvel that even though these are only a dollar, I'm being highly selective about the ones I get.

Ended up with...

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

CalHab

If you haven't read The Vision, then it's a bit of a bargain there.

IndigoPrime

Unusual selection. Usually, it's 'get in on the ground floor for cheap and then buy more', but here the books seem almost random. Jessica Jones vol 2. Doctor Strange vol 4. Old Man Logan vol. 6. Strange.

Heh: turns out, I had JJ#1 and DS#3 from some previous sale. ZING! I just wish these buggers would offer DRM-free, although Comixology is at least no longer a terrible reading experience for me (unlike Marvel Unlimited, which makes me physically ill).