Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

We can only pray Dan Abnett never gives us that long-mooted Billi Octavo / Judy Janus team-up.

IndigoPrime

Jade Falcon

Okay, Underworld was... interesting. Tempest really is a cocky nutter isn't he, and for my son's, Marauder was silly fun.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

abelardsnazz

The Hachette site is showing a number of back issues as sold out and others only having a few copies left, so be quick if you're wanting to order any from there.

IndigoPrime

Insurrection already out of stock? Blimey. Glad I got my replacement in, then. That Weird Science is also already out of stock is surprising. Maybe at this point they're basically fulfilling subscriptions and a small amount of newsagent run, and that's it?

Magnetica

Insurrection was out of stock on the FP website almost the minute it came out, so not sure how many they were supplied with. Thankfully Hachette did have some. But that was back in August. I have generally taken the view that if I want a volume I need to order it when it comes out and not wait.

There do seem though to be earlier volumes still available.

Tjm86

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 07 December, 2017, 01:44:58 PM
Maybe at this point they're basically fulfilling subscriptions and a small amount of newsagent run, and that's it?

Still waiting on the latest issues as a subscriber so not even that.

Tomwe

Subscription copies are here.

Anyone else notice the end papers on these two? Methinks they have gotten mixed up.

Mattofthespurs

Received mine this morning too but they remain unopened along with about 30 other issues.
I'm miles behind in my reading.

IndigoPrime

30? That makes me feel a bit better. I have about a dozen partworks in the queue. Well, 2000 AD ones. There are also a few Marvel ones, about 30 other trades, and something like 200 Marvel reprint volumes I bought on eBay last year.

I don't need to buy any new comics for several years, it seems.

Mattofthespurs

I'm 30 behind in the JD ones.
48 behind in Marvel, 48 in DC and have only read 2 of 24 Star Trek and 2 of the Dr Who out of 60.
My Wife keeps telling me I don't need any new ones too.
But who can resist a new comic part work!  :)

IndigoPrime

Ha! My wife, to be fair, is pretty geeky and insanely patient when it comes to this kind of stuff. Our telly room has four massive bookcases, packed full of trades, her books, and shiny discs. But the space for my stuff keeps on growing. The only thing I now have to do is "decide which comics you want to keep", once I'm done reading all the Marvel reprints. And that's fair enough, because I'm basically out of space.

Tjm86

Finally showed up so there we go.  Tomwe's right.  They've messed up the end pages.  Armitage / Marauder in both.  Otherwise, can't see owt major wrong.  Down to the last three now then the extension (maybe).

EDazzling

I stated picking these up 18 months into the run and I never figured out why there's an odd number left?

marko10174

Jesus, there's  lot out of stock. Will they get any more copies? or once they're gone, they're gone kinda deal? I hope they get more in as I am quite new to the mega collection and only have 27 books so far. I'd like to one day get them all, but if some of them become out of print collector's items it will be a nightmare.