Main Menu

2000 AD’s Artists Edition Format

Started by james newell, 03 January, 2016, 09:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: pauljholden on 08 January, 2016, 11:07:16 AM
given America was a fully painted book, I'm not sure what you'd expect from an artists edition - larger size art maybe?

Yeah, that'd be the appeal for me PJ- 'over-sized' (original art size) and without lettering, on high quality paper.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: pauljholden on 08 January, 2016, 11:07:16 AM
given America was a fully painted book, I'm not sure what you'd expect from an artists edition - larger size art maybe? One of the interesting things about the artists edition book lines is seeing the art as it was drawn for pure b&w reproduction (so you see things like unerased blue line pencils, grey washed blacks that ended up as pure black in the comic, white out applied on slightly yellowed paper which reproduced as pure white, etc), when the art was designed for pure colour reproduction it's unlikely to look much different than what you see in print (well, quality of reproduction and paper aside)

-pj

Wouldn't there be a bit of tidying up done. I've seen painted stuff and it always looks different to the final printed version. Also size does matter and wouldn't it being printed on better paper quality etc etc (other things I don't understand) mean that more 'depth' might be seen in the art?