Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK SUBMISSIONS Sept 2016/17

Started by RayePenber, 06 April, 2017, 11:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayePenber

Just wondering if anyone here can help with this? I'm a working writer (different medium/genres), and I made a Future Shock submission 1st Sept 2016. So far, I haven't heard back from anyone at editorial. I sent a brief email to confirm receipt of the work but I haven't heard back as of yet. So, I was just wondering if anyone here who submitted in late 2016 has heard anything, or if someone from 2000AD could confirm at what stage they are at with the last batch of submissions?

It's just one more thing off my list of follow ups!

Thanks advance, and all the best!

The Legendary Shark

I've had replies in under a month and almost a year. Patience is the only option, I'm afraid.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

CrazyFoxMachine

I've known folk having nearly two years pass before getting a very brief rejection! I'd say take it off the list of follow-ups and put it in the wilderness file. You never know, though!

ScottCB78

Got my rejection, it hurts....but I shan't be deterred!

G-T8

Quote from: ScottCB78 on 19 April, 2017, 11:43:13 AM

Keep going! Keep writing! Did you get feedback?

Not heard back yet but I asked Tharg at the 40th and he hadn't started on the pile at that time so I expect it will be a while for everyone to get a response.

ScottCB78

Quote from: G-T8 on 19 April, 2017, 07:15:33 PM

Not heard back yet but I asked Tharg at the 40th and he hadn't started on the pile at that time so I expect it will be a while for everyone to get a response.
I just got a brief letter saying my story wasn't sutible at present and wasn't engaging enough.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: ScottCB78 on 19 April, 2017, 08:07:51 PM

I just got a brief letter saying my story wasn't sutible at present and wasn't engaging enough.

Do you agree with their assessment now that you've had feedback and time to reflect?

Best of luck and keep trying!

ScottCB78

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 21 April, 2017, 04:19:53 AM
Quote from: ScottCB78 on 19 April, 2017, 08:07:51 PM

Do you agree with their assessment now that you've had feedback and time to reflect?

Best of luck and keep trying!
It's hard to say, if they had given constructive criticism then I could at least see where I could adapt, But because it was a broad general rejection it's difficult to know what was wrong.

Bolt-01

Scott- have you sent the script to any small press anthologies?

Quite a few of them will be more than happy to give you crit. After all, if you don't get told, you won't learn...

Not sure if any are open for scripts currently but I know for a fact that if you visit the The FutureQuake Blog then once they reopen for scripts you'll be able to send scripts to them.

CrazyFoxMachine

Yup we also take submissions over at The Psychedelic Journal and give full constructive feedback ;)

http://thepsychedelicjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

ScottCB78

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 21 April, 2017, 12:04:52 PM
Yup we also take submissions over at The Psychedelic Journal and give full constructive feedback ;)

http://thepsychedelicjournal.blogspot.co.uk/
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 21 April, 2017, 11:56:32 AM
Scott- have you sent the script to any small press anthologies?

Quite a few of them will be more than happy to give you crit. After all, if you don't get told, you won't learn...

Not sure if any are open for scripts currently but I know for a fact that if you visit the The FutureQuake Blog then once they reopen for scripts you'll be able to send scripts to them.
Awesome thanks a lot, will be sure to check both out.

G-T8

Got my rejection at the weekend, fair feedback and having thought about it can agree with where TMT is coming from! Oh well, back to the drawing board and making sure that I don't repeat the same mistakes the next time! Roll on September when I can re-submit another attempt!

JohnOsborn

I'm in the same boat; submitted last September and yet to hear back. Stay cool, though: TMT looks through the slush pile in addition to his regular editorial duties, and has had one hell of a busy year.

Sound like a few folks have got their responses, so it can't be too long now. Best of luck to you all!  :)

Deadsnott

Just wondering if everyone here eventually got their feedback? I still haven't got anything :(

The Legendary Shark

It takes ages. I once waited over a year, which is one of the reasons why I started concentrating on the "small press" instead. At least then I'm honing my craft and getting a body of work under my belt while I wait. Also, if I'm getting published the virtually inevitable rejection doesn't hurt so much and Tharg's notes, whilst brief, are always helpful.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]