Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Mardroid on 15 August, 2017, 12:27:28 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 15 August, 2017, 01:25:58 AM
I think both the uniform and bike look better than the Dredd versions.  I'm surprised they didn't go with those.   However the bike still looks too small to me and not powerful enough.   Again I think the bike should be pretty big and much bigger than any modern bike.   Even if it's done by cgi like the Minty version.

I really like the style of the bike, but I agree, something bigger would be better. Only a bit bigger though. Long but not too bulky.

The uniform is interesting. Not so keen on the shoulder pads lacking an Eagle, and I'd make the chest armour less thick, but that's pretty nice.

Yes it's not the same without the eagle and agree about the chest armour.    The Dredd 2012 uniform was also too bulky [ and a bit ugly ] to me.   A cross between maybe that uniform and the comic uniform might be good.   I think the bike and uniform should look very cool, slick and expensive

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 15 August, 2017, 07:22:03 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 15 August, 2017, 06:00:39 PM
Yer maw!

Your're mom, shurley?

I'd like to see a bike that only Judges can ride. Make it one of the reasons why it takes some of those fifteen years to train up.

That might be a cool idea.    Something powerful that takes some training like an aircraft.

The Legendary Shark

Holster with future manetivelcro. On foot, holster fututure maggnettovelcroes to hip; on bike, holster gets futury manetticalvelcroed to boot.

Zzzt.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 August, 2017, 06:48:03 AM
Holster with future manetivelcro. On foot, holster fututure maggnettovelcroes to hip; on bike, holster gets futury manetticalvelcroed to boot.

I'm outside the Patent Office as I type.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

sheridan

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 16 August, 2017, 03:52:46 AM
Yes it's not the same without the eagle and agree about the chest armour.    The Dredd 2012 uniform was also too bulky [ and a bit ugly ] to me.   A cross between maybe that uniform and the comic uniform might be good.   I think the bike and uniform should look very cool, slick and expensive

Something more lightweight would certainly be more practical if it has to be worn in day-in, day-out - won't anybody think of the cosplayers?

Richard

I've just read The Mega-City Way of Death in Case Files 29, and it struck me that it would make a great episode of the TV series, assuming they don't all have to be action-packed.

Dan2000

That's amazing, hope it will happen very soon.

lincnash

Was any one lucky enough to attend SDCC 2017 and pick up the exclusive TV : MC-1 shirt ?.
http://www.anenglishmaninsandiego.com/sdcc2017/sdcc-2017-exclusive-2000ad-judge-dredd-mega-city-one-t-shirt-citizen-edition
I would wear one proudly, but the price and distance killed that.
Hoping they start to show up on the after-market.

lincnash

Smith

von Boom

Jim_Campbell

Isn't that more or less a literal copy 'n' paste of what he said the last time someone asked him?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

von Boom

Probably, but keeping up people's awareness of MC1 is a good idea I think.

Proudhuff

Soooo without wading through this whole thread...  what's the current state of play with the TV series?
DDT did a job on me