Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Backwards Compatible Rebellion Games..  (Read 118 times)

GrudgeJohnDeed

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
Backwards Compatible Rebellion Games..
« on: 06 December, 2017, 01:19:57 pm »
Do you think we'll ever see any Rebellion games go backwards compatible on Xbox? There's a bunch I'd want - Rogue Warrior, AVP, NeverDead, Sniper Elite V2, even ones like Sniper Elite 3 which we have superior Xbox One versions of, but I think it's cool to preserve these things!

A few of those might have licensing issues to work out, Dick Marcinko would have to sign off on Rogue Warrior, Whoever owns the AVP licence would have to ok AVP (I think Sega still owns the Aliens licence so I think that's helpful), as for NeverDead I'm not sure what the situation is there, Konami published but I think they were also somehow involved in development, so I don't know what they own. I assume the Sniper Elite games would have no problems?

Oh and that's just 360, lets not forget Sniper Elite 1, Dredd Vs. Death and Rogue Trooper on the original Xbox!  :o

Keef Monkey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • I knew you'd say that...
    • View Profile
    • POPOLAC
Re: Backwards Compatible Rebellion Games..
« Reply #1 on: 07 December, 2017, 09:56:25 am »
I'd be really happy if AvP went backwards compatible, I still dig it out for a playthrough now and then (the short campaigns mean it's easy to jump in and play through one of them depending on whether I'm on a Predator or Aliens binge at the time). Dredd vs Death would be great too, just because otherwise I don't really have a way to play it on console anymore.

Oh and wouldn't mind Neverdead too, I played through some of that game but hit a tough spot and put it down for a bit, by the time I wanted to pick it up again I'd moved to XB1. Feel like I've got some unfinished business there.

GrudgeJohnDeed

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
Re: Backwards Compatible Rebellion Games..
« Reply #2 on: 07 December, 2017, 01:09:35 pm »
Yeah AVP was top wasn't it, loved the campaigns. I enjoyed the multiplayer too, It'd probably get a player boost if it went backwards compatible so I'd definitely pop my head in online. The one weird thing about that game is that Marines could melee, block and counter aliens physically, seemed a strange choice but was actually quite fun! You bloody needed it on Nightmare! Block, counter, shotgun :D If I remember right not only did it give you a window to shoot with impunity but it put the Alien at a distance where it's blood wouldn't hurt you when you shot it.

I think NeverDead stands up if you go back to it, I played through it a year ago or so ago and had plenty of fun. It was a little rough around the edges sure but I really enjoyed the novel mechanics, nice looking game too. Some great 2000ad easter eggs in there!! I'll be taking screens and captures of them if it gets the BC treatment :)