Main Menu

Prog 2061 - Happy New Year, Bitches!

Started by Richard, 09 December, 2017, 02:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Yep.

To be honest, what with time jobs to MC-1 etc. He could have a grandson if they had time to kill.

Or whatever descendants from his original time...

Trout

Great Christmas proggage, droid people! Just a quick note from me to say thanks for all the hard work in 2017 and I'm glad to be on board for 2018.

Cheeers

- Trout

Robin Low

Quote from: Richard on 19 December, 2017, 09:17:25 PM
So it's entirely feasible for Wulf to have an adult son by now.

Yes, entirely. Looking at the picture we have, I'm guessing Wulf must have fathered him pretty soon after his arrival in the future, making him around 28 at the oldest.

Regards,

Robin

I, Cosh

Quote from: Robin Low on 20 December, 2017, 06:51:36 AM
Yes, entirely. Looking at the picture we have, I'm guessing Wulf must have fathered him pretty soon after his arrival in the future, making him around 28 at the oldest.
Why does he need to have fathered him in the future?
We never really die.

Robin Low

Quote from: I, Cosh on 20 December, 2017, 09:55:36 AM
Quote from: Robin Low on 20 December, 2017, 06:51:36 AM
Why does he need to have fathered him in the future?

Okay, that's an interesting idea, but it would involve some more time-travel shenanigans.

Regards,

Robin

Steve Green

It makes a little more sense than having another time job bringing another viking back from the past.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Richard

Steve Green

Should have gone with his mum and have Pissed-off Wulfmum tracking Johnny down. ;)

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Richard on 20 December, 2017, 11:53:14 AM
The story's called The Son.
Doesn't say who the father is. Could be The Gronk.
We never really die.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

NSFTM

Probably flying in the face of popular opinion here, but I didn't like it. 2000ad has felt a bit 'tired' of late

Dredd - fighting the Sovs (again)
Bad Company - I didn't pay much attention to the last outing because it ended neatly over a 1000 progs ago
Savage - I haven't a clue what's going on, he was a bar man, now he kills Volgs in Berlin on a full moon and fights transformers
ABC Warriors - Massively disjointed, Langley's art is lovely, don't know where this fits in to the continuity of it all
Ace trucking - another incarnation of a classic story

The standout was Deadworld- Kendals artwork is something else, the story is oppressive, claustrophobic and unpleasant

What I find worrying (and perhaps symptomatic of a bigger problem at the Nerve centre) is there is nothing new in the issue, and as a whole the 'brand' feels as though it is a prisoner of nostalgia

It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

Robin Low

Quote from: NSFTM on 22 December, 2017, 10:32:27 AMWhat I find worrying (and perhaps symptomatic of a bigger problem at the Nerve centre) is there is nothing new in the issue, and as a whole the 'brand' feels as though it is a prisoner of nostalgia

To be fair, it is the Christmas issue. If there's one Prog of the year that should be nostalgic it's this one.

Regards,

Robin

Mardroid

Quote from: Steve Green on 20 December, 2017, 11:46:19 AM
It makes a little more sense than having another time job bringing another viking back from the past.

Also, while we can't see Wulf Junior's face clearly in the picture it looks like he has a missing nose or something else strange in that area, suggesting he is a mutant, presumably the result of genes inherited from his mother.