Main Menu

Planet Replicas Brainbiter 1:1 replica

Started by Steve Green, 04 April, 2018, 06:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Colin YNWA

Saw this in the thrill mail and while I alas will never justify this type of thing by George for those that do the one with the proper sized 'shaft' was just astonishin'!

James Stacey

You'd need to replace the shaft for LRP (Not LARP Planet Replicas, we're British dontyewknow) but it's actually quite affordable for a LRP weapon.

Jim_Campbell

I don't think I've ever felt quite such an immediate need to own anything so desperately impractical.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JamesC

It looks fantastic. Can't help but think of Thryllseeker.

Steve Green

Yeah, it's a really odd one to pitch as a product.

I can see people having a helmet or lawgiver on a shelf, but something this size is a bit unusual.

I think you could possibly get LRPers with no knowledge of the story buy it because of the design.

Dan has some interesting things on the way, as well as some of the more mainstream items.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 April, 2018, 09:23:58 AM
I don't think I've ever felt quite such an immediate need to own anything so desperately impractical.

My visceral response too
Lock up your spoons!

Frank

Quote from: JamesC on 05 April, 2018, 09:39:08 AM

"Could somebody send my regards to the 2000AD online forums. Tell tem I aw this and was thrilled".

The Mayor

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Frank on 05 April, 2018, 12:57:29 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 05 April, 2018, 09:39:08 AM

"Could somebody send my regards to the 2000AD online forums. Tell tem I aw this and was thrilled".

The Mayor

Oh bless. Genuinely a tiny bit choked up at that!  :lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

Shout out to Thryllseeker- hope yer keeping well.

Mardroid

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 April, 2018, 09:23:58 AM
So if you bought it you'd think it too many? 🤣

I understand just what you mean. A beautiful item. All that lovely intricate Celtic knotwork is very impressive.