Main Menu

Scream & Misty Special 2018

Started by Tomwe, 26 July, 2018, 11:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Variant cover available exclusively from the 2000AD webshop...

Colin YNWA

Whose done that cover its fantastic!

Professor Bear

That picture has been up nearly two hours and not a single person - not even Tips - has made a joke about Misty having a ginger pussy.  What the fuck is happening to this forum?

TordelBack

Quote from: Professor Bear on 15 August, 2018, 10:35:35 PM
That picture has been up nearly two hours and not a single person - not even Tips - has made a joke about Misty having a ginger pussy.  What the fuck is happening to this forum?

Speaking for myself, I was too distracted by Ghastly fingering that bird.

Really excellent cover, BTW.  Was a bit unsure about buying the previous Misty/Scream special, but it was solid stuff and I'm definitely on for this one.

barnesy

Really looking forward to this and also hope that it becomes an annual release.
Was hoping for more of 'The Dracula Files' but hopefully next time. Must reread the first special.
Two great covers to choose from.

Ghastly McNasty

Enjoyed the 2017. Will purchase this new one. The Hotz cover is gorgeous.

How the devil did Lizzie and Rich get a story inside!!!! I'm a fan of their both their writing but godammit if there's anyone who deserves a shot, it's me ;)

Link Prime

Like the alternate cover too, but I ain't double dipping this year.

Fortnight

Received mine this morning and spent the next couple of hours giving it a read. On the whole, very good! Standout story for me: Decomposition Jones. Hilarious, y'dig?

Some stories suffer in a couple of places from too much brevity/editing forcing the reader to make narrative leaps and assumptions in order to work out "what just happened"; most noticeably in the Thirteenth Floor and Black Max. A common gripe I have with a lot of strips, especially in recent years. Add a fill-in panel here and there to join things together and it would be great.

Also a couple of typos in the (typeset) text for Bookworm.

Great art throughout though. Especially liked the scratchy b&w of Black Beth.
Looking forward to next year!

Mattofthespurs

Bought the Scream version of this.

Much better than last years imo.

Decomposition Jones being my least favourite funnily enough.

You pays your money...

Eamonn Clarke

Out in the wild now, bought a copy in Smiths this morning and enjoyed it.
Hats off to Lizzie and Rich for their high street debuts.

Mardroid

Hope my local whs has this. They often stock the Prog. I just found that out recently! Not an issue as I tend to download the digital version.) If its not stocked I'll likely just go the digital route. They're nice enough, but I sometimes hanker after a physical comic when specials are involved.

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Mardroid on 17 October, 2018, 11:22:52 AM
Hope my local whs has this. They often stock the Prog. I just found that out recently! Not an issue as I tend to download the digital version.) If its not stocked I'll likely just go the digital route. They're nice enough, but I sometimes hanker after a physical comic when specials are involved.
If not, I can get you one.

Mardroid

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 17 October, 2018, 01:36:57 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 17 October, 2018, 11:22:52 AM
If not, I can get you one.

My local whs in Dartford* had them in stock, but I appreciate that very much Eamonn. Thank you.

*I say 'local', it's a bit over a mile from where I live, but I don't mind the trek. Heh. I believe it is the closest.

broodblik

Enjoyed the Special.

The highlights are the Black Max strip with great art by Simon Coleby and Black Beth.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.