Main Menu

Shakara this week. EH??

Started by Thread Zero, 24 January, 2002, 04:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

There may be a bit of a misunderstanding here.  My first 2 'Worst Shakara Episode Ever' posts were just me (jokingly, I must add) comparing myself to the comic book guy in the simpsons.  If you hadn't seen the two episodes with those quotes, it wouldn't mean much to you I guess.

I have really enjoyed the strip so far, love the art as always, but the story this week had some rather embarresing sexual references which were just a huge turn off for me.  If I wanted jokes about cock stirrups and pubic lice, I'd probably be somewhere else.  Quite frankly I was horrified, if that hadn't been in I probably would have enjoyed it a whole lot more.  I'm not sure if Robbie has a bet on how many series he can add the word 'pubic' to, but I wish he'd stop.

I do like Shakara, a lot, my only possible complaint apart from the one mentioned above is the fact that for four episodes it has done exactly the same thing and not gone anywhere.  As I enjoy it so much usually I'm willing to forgive it, I just hope a more involved continuous storlyline (not neccesarily conventional) turns up.  

So to put it bluntly (what?!?) I more or less agree with you :)

Paul

fraston

"There may be a bit of a misunderstanding here. My first 2 'Worst Shakara Episode Ever' posts were just me (jokingly, I must add) comparing myself to the comic book guy in the simpsons. If you hadn't seen the two episodes with those quotes, it wouldn't mean much to you I guess"

no i was just being hasty and not reading all the messages. i fully understand the fat sarcastic star trek fan comparison, and yes, we do agree.
next weeks episode is a corker tho. want me to tell you what happens? nyer nyer n-ner ner i see the foooture

paulvonscott

I am still looking forward to the next one, though the element of fear has been now added.

I love the comic book guy in the simpsons, but I hasten to add I'm not the same.  I'm only moderatly sarcastic and have a relatively small percentage of fat, I'm hoping to go on the John Hurt diet, I can still squeeze into my Judges utility belt just about.

I recently stumbled across a spiderman fan site where they were trying to get a petition together to complain about the fact that the new webslingers were organic and not mechanical devices.  It was so funny, but I guess obsessive fans are the same everywhere.

evilpat

I dont so much mind each individual episode but there doesnt seem to be any narritive, at all. Tall bloke turns up, kicks arse, buggers off. Thats seems to be all he does, and each individual episode seems completly irrelivent to the others. Im not impatient but its been a while now and I'd kind of like to se some story emerging. Am I missing something?

Thread Zero

Hell yeah man!

Read in between the lines. There is a subtext, a hidden code.

It is saying this is shit but I (R Morrison) am getting away with it.

scojo cruel but oh so true:O)

fraston

O i'm gonna enJOY watching you eat them words, boy....

here's to the REST of Shakara, and all the narrative developments that it shall contain.