Main Menu

BARNEY updated! Props to The Cosh

Started by Wake, 30 March, 2011, 11:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 21 August, 2022, 07:28:11 PM
Time for an update?

Might not quite do what you want, but I've just updated my A-Z.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 24 August, 2022, 06:22:08 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on 21 August, 2022, 07:28:11 PM
Time for an update?

Might not quite do what you want, but I've just updated my A-Z.

Which is brilliant as it's a magnificent resource.

Max Headroom

Does anyone know why Barney has been neglected and not updated for so long? It is, after all, an invaluable resource.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 16 April, 2023, 07:28:07 PMDoes anyone know why Barney has been neglected and not updated for so long? It is, after all, an invaluable resource.

Well, Cosh sort of inherited it on a purely voluntary basis from Wake - who was maybe once paid to maintain it. So, like, it's not anyone's job. And you can imagine, if one does actually have a job - then doing another job in your spare time for no recompense is entirely up to one's own timetable.

Perhaps King Jason of Sley might be-knight someone and give them the job of maintaining Barney - but Barney is rather a fossil, as interwebby stuff goes. I love Barney, but he's a bit niche. (He doesn't really inform one about where to purchase currently available gubbins, for example.)

Blah...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

nxylas

I think 2000AD needs a really good wiki. There are some wikis out there, but nothing of the quality of, say, the TARDIS Data Core (which isn't perfect, but which I think does a very comprehensive job of collecting information about the worlds of Doctor Who and its spin-offs from across different media).
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

pauljholden

Quote from: Credo! on 17 April, 2023, 05:38:44 AM
Quote from: Max Headroom on 16 April, 2023, 07:28:07 PMDoes anyone know why Barney has been neglected and not updated for so long? It is, after all, an invaluable resource.

Well, Cosh sort of inherited it on a purely voluntary basis from Wake - who was maybe once paid to maintain it. So, like, it's not anyone's job. And you can imagine, if one does actually have a job - then doing another job in your spare time for no recompense is entirely up to one's own timetable.

Perhaps King Jason of Sley might be-knight someone and give them the job of maintaining Barney - but Barney is rather a fossil, as interwebby stuff goes. I love Barney, but he's a bit niche. (He doesn't really inform one about where to purchase currently available gubbins, for example.)

Blah...

I'd love an updated Barney with high resolution images, but that seems like an insane project that would be expensive and unloved.

On the other hand, an official wiki would be great (hosted here) and (since I'm doing wishful thinking) integrated with the 2000ad app.