Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil McClements

An ink sketch a day for INKtober and day 24 was Dredd.

Danbo

A Rand al Thor and a Dredd that I've recently finished. Photoshop is still a bitch.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Danbo

Had fun with this,this morn.

pictsy

Neil McClements

Into the last week of Inktober. Woodcut style Vader

Danbo

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: Neil McClements on 27 October, 2014, 06:19:56 PM
Into the last week of Inktober. Woodcut style Vader

May I ask, is there a specific, technical name for that kind of hatching that I've only seen you do?

Hawkmumbler

Woodcutting is very hard to do I find, while still maintaining depth and perspective. Very well done their Neil.

Fungus

After a refreshing Google, seems it's generally 'basket' or 'woven'. Like it a lot, has an unusual quality to it that keeps the picture interesting...

Neil McClements

Thanks all. I might point out that it's not actually a woodcut Hawk, i've just aped the style a little bit. As for the hatching I've no idea what it's called, it may well be 'basket' or 'woven' but I like it and my fav comic artist used something similar quite a lot. Varying the thickness of line by only a tiny amount over the picture makes a difference and creates a nice style.

Third Estate Ned

Thanks for answering my question, Fungus and Neil. I ask because the b&w pictures you've done for Inktober have been an inspiration, Neil.

Hawkmumbler

I thought woodcutting refered to a method but it seem's I was mistaken and/ or (more likely) just plain stupid. Nice work anyway Neil.

Neil McClements

Thanks Ned and Hawk, appreciate your positive comments (also Dan Cornwell from way back that i hadn't noticed) Only three days left of Inktober so why don't you all choose a subject for me to have a crack at.

Day 28 Alien.

Jon

Quote from: Neil McClements on 28 October, 2014, 09:02:05 PM
Thanks Ned and Hawk, appreciate your positive comments (also Dan Cornwell from way back that i hadn't noticed) Only three days left of Inktober so why don't you all choose a subject for me to have a crack at.

Day 28 Alien.

Love Actually.

I dare you....

Neil McClements

No ideas then eh? None that I can see at all! Never mind looks like I need to think of something myself then. ;)