Main Menu

alan wake

Started by mogzilla, 15 May, 2010, 12:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just bought the special edition from Game on-line for £20. It comes with a short story and a voucher for the first download, so it's better than yer standard special edition.

Thought this was wise given the feedback I've had on it is "OK, but not worth £40".

STILL need to finish Fallout 3 before staring it, though.
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 16 July, 2010, 12:36:43 PM
Just bought the special edition from Game on-line for £20. It comes with a short story and a voucher for the first download, so it's better than yer standard special edition.

Thought this was wise given the feedback I've had on it is "OK, but not worth £40".

You don't finish Fallout 3, it finishes you. At last count I'd put in over 70 hours and still have a few quests and a couple of dlc packs to get through. Gargantuan. I found the best way to play Wake was an episode a night (they're just over an hour each), was like getting hooked on a great mini-series!

mogzilla

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 16 July, 2010, 11:22:52 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 16 July, 2010, 12:36:43 PM

You don't finish Fallout 3, it finishes you. At last count I'd put in over 70 hours and still have a few quests and a couple of dlc packs to get through. Gargantuan. I found the best way to play Wake was an episode a night (they're just over an hour each), was like getting hooked on a great mini-series!

70 hours? amateur! ;) i have invested way too much time in this, done all the quests and still enjoy a pootle round the wasrteland now and again (my fella is very rich so could retire with moira ) i'm talking triple figures here -the hours spent that is

and new vegas is out in the autumn so more of my life will be sucked up!!!

Keef Monkey

Anyone given The Signal a pop yet? Not a bad episode, although doesn't bring the story forward much, more of a primer for the next episode I reckon. They've also been pretty canny with the design, making sure they can re-source the locations from the original game for it, but that doesn't really hurt it. There is one section though [spoiler]with the intermittent streetlights[/spoiler] that took me so many attempts I actually got Sweary Frustrated, which hasn't happened for a while.

Great to get back into Wake though, and it prompted me to start another playthrough (on hard) which I'm enjoying immensely.

Pete Wells

Weird, I completed this game about an hour and a half or so ago and played straight through the Signal. My intention was to see what was behind the spolier tags of the earlier posts in this thread. Funny that it should have been resurected as soon as I come back on the messageboard.

Well, I liked the game on the whole. Agree with the criticisms of it being a bit repetitive but found, in general, the game itself to be a thrilling and atmospheric experience. I loved the Future Shock-style telly programs, they were hilarious. Strange that this game too so many years to make though...

I'll definately buy the next DLC, just to see how it plays out.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Pete Wells on 08 August, 2010, 06:09:59 PMStrange that this game too so many years to make though...

Yeah, it was a long time! They did build the engine though, so it was always going to be a really lengthy process, but I reckon they've seen it as a big initial outlay with the knowledge that once the engine is there they can carry it forward to other projects. That in mind they could probably turn around a sequel in the space of a couple of years I would think.