Main Menu

GeekedFest Pontypridd 16th June 2018

Started by Tjm86, 02 June, 2018, 06:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Ponty has it's own con at last!  Tidy!

Limited information at present, mind

My daughter is stoked to see what this is like.  Reasonably priced too.

Tjm86

Well, it turned out to be a nice little affair, very much akin to the conventions of yore.  A limited selection of stalls celebrating geekdom.  Personal highlight was a pleasant conversation with Dylan Teague.  As seems so often the case with tooth creators, an incredibly congenial and social individual.  My only regret is that the promoters didn't mention his presence prior to the event, otherwise I'd have fetched some progs down for him to sign.  Settled for a couple of prints of his recent meg / tooth covers.  The opportunity to talk with such creators was also a major bonus for my daughter.

amines2058

Damn TJM86 only just saw this post. I was up there as well trading as Alex Mines Art, not sure if you saw me....spoke to me???.
I had a cracking day, and what a great crowd you Pontypridd lot are (me being a civilised Newport boy). Are you coming down to the 'port for Geekedfest in August??

Tjm86

Might well have done.  I know I spoke to quite a few stall owners and we bought a number of prints.  We were there toward the end of the afternoon and it was still fairly busy.  What was great was how many kids there still seemed to be.  Where were you set up?

Looking at calendar, Newport looks like it might be viable.  My only disappointment talking to the organiser was that she couldn't give too much away in terms of who might be there from the comics world.  I do agree with her point in terms of the television / film celebs drawing a larger crowd / appealing to a different audience.  Personally I don't have a problem with that idea since they are targeting 'Geeks' and not just comic fans.  Far more honest to my mind.

amines2058

I was on right hand aisle as you walked into venue, first stall on left. I am hoping there will be quite a few guests from the comic world at Newport. Last august John Wagner and Dylan were there, along With Simon Williams and Jason Cardy, in Swansea earlier this year Patrick Goddard and David Roach were in attendance, and Dylan was there last week.
Just to jog your memory her is my stall, I was selling sketch cards, prints and canvases, along with Mugs & Greeting Cards!