Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

I turn on the computer with a very precise plan of what Im going to do...and I end up playing Magic The Gathering.How does that always happen? :o

The Legendary Shark

I had an interesting conversation with a couple of bailiffs today - all very civilised. They were here for a friend, not me, and she was being awkward (good on her!) so I chatted with them for over an hour (regs of the Political Thread will be feeling sorry for them already).

Anyway, no matter what you say, these guys are bullies and eventually they'll break her door in. So, at the last minute, she agrees to let them in. She points to my 'phone. "Record please," she says (English is not her first language), "can you use your... ahm, er, dictaphone?"

"No," I say, "I use my finger like everyone else."

At this point one of the bailiffs, who had been perfectly civil to me (in a passive-aggressive kind of way) scowls at me as if I'd just pissed on his leg. He continues scowling as I record him verifying that my friend has nothing in her caravan worth taking.

He eventually leaves her alone and, as he's climbing into his van, still scowling, he pauses, looks me in the eye and suddenly stops scowling.

He laughs as if suddenly tickled and says, "heh! Dictaphone!"

His mate rolls his eyes and they drive away. Nice to see HMG is still hiring from the shallow end of the gene pool...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Smith

That must have been an interesting hour.

Tjm86

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 May, 2017, 05:46:13 PM
Nice to see HMG is still hiring from the shallow end of the gene pool...

Well, it makes sense when you look at the house of commons.  As Robin Williams once said: "Someone in the royal family knows someone in the royal family."

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 May, 2017, 05:46:13 PM
He eventually leaves her alone and, as he's climbing into his van, still scowling, he pauses, looks me in the eye and suddenly stops scowling.

He laughs as if suddenly tickled and says, "heh! Dictaphone!"

His mate rolls his eyes and they drive away. Nice to see HMG is still hiring from the shallow end of the gene pool...

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Why the hell am I awake at this time again?

The Legendary Shark

When the driving work started to dry up I was a bit worried - who's gonna hire an awld anarchist like me?

Well, my landlady approached me and offered me a job on-site; weeding, strimming, looking after fences, planting stuff in the veg patch and all stuff like that. As one door closes...

How lovely, working under the sky. No more 01:00 starts, no more traffic jams, no more "hurryupandgetthereasquickasyoucanthenhurryback" type stress.

This is day two and every part of me that doesn't ache is stiff, every part that isn't stiff aches and every part that is neither stiff or aching is either burning or numb. Thank God I quit smoking in January - if I was still on the fags I'd be dead.

Anyway, need sleep now...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

The most dreaded words in the English language:

Melissa McCarthy stars

Smith

I like Slivers,but its a 3 color deck,so mana can be a huge problem.

sheridan

The Legendary Shark

Cold. Yes.

Er, that's right...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Welcome back to the forum SmallBlueThing.

We can only lament that the golden opportunity to rename yourself "SmallBlueThing (Cont)" has been missed.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Quote from: Link Prime on 10 May, 2017, 09:55:46 AM
Welcome back to the forum SmallBlueThing.

We can only lament that the golden opportunity to rename yourself "SmallBlueThing (Cont)" has been missed.

I just literally spat out my coffee. Ah, thanks so much, and yes, that would have been so much better. Sigh.

von Boom

What the hell happened to the forum there? I was getting a message about an insecure site. I assume Sharky was inciting a riot either on the Political thread or perhaps the Mega-City One thread to cause this. :)