Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

they are also delicous when coated in a little pesto sauce and slowly roasted over sugar cane and bamboo.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

Well it would be risky putting them in an electric oven!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

fact
the last time this was attempted was in pudding lane london in 1866. and again in 1945 in hiroshima  japan.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Smiley

They shouldn't have coated it in lard, then.

karne

TV chef Jamie Oliver is actually unable to cook or prepare meals of any kind in real life. "I don't know what I would do without my local chippy," he says.

Capt.Zeep

So-called real life is, in fact, just a dream.  REAL real life is just too bizarre to even contemplate.  Or is it just my (imaginary) imagination?

Devons Daddy

fact ( real one)

the line
play it again sam. from casablanca.
was never uttered.
he said.
you played it for her. now play it for me.
play as time goes by.

it is the most mis quoted line in cinematic history.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

And on a similar note-

"Lead on Macduff" is also wrong.  It's "Lay on Macduff"

Macbeth is about to duel with Macduff, not follow him.
Better set your phaser to stun.

The Monarch

fact highlander 2 was supposed to be a different sci-fi film until the funding ran out and they decided to turn it into a sequal to the highlander

(thats what i keep saying to myself anyway aliens yeah right)

Tex Hex

Carl Turpin (australia) was thought to have the largest eyes in the world. So large that when one was removed in a tragic accident, he couldnt find a large enough glass eye anywhere and has now had a black snooker ball put in as a substitute.

Smiley

Some genuine (ie: not made up by me) facts proving that truth is indeed stranger than fiction...

If you yelled continuously for eight years, seven months and six days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

If you farted consistently for six years and nine months you would have produced the equivalent energy of an atom bomb.

The human heart creates enough pressure so that when punctured it will pump an arc of blood thirty feet.

The orgasm of a pig lasts thirty minutes.

A cockroach can live up to nine days without its head.

Banging your head against a wall uses one hundred and fifty calories per hour.

Cats urine glows under a black light.

The eye of an ostrich is bigger than its brain.

Polar bears are left handed (yay!)

karne

George Lucas wrote and filmed the new Star Wars movies for a dare.

karne (who makes the ladies squeal like pigs)

Devons Daddy

umm karne. now i remember a character with a  similar abililty in the burt reynolds film. deliverance

but facts.
the reason red indians are so called , was because columbus thought he had reached the shores of india , it was much later they found this was not the case at all.having bumped into america on the way. but the name stuck. the term RED INDAIN was created.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

He, he, Deliverance, you're a cheeky little monkey D.D. Anyway as this is page three, here's a special page three fact.

Often referred to as "Page Free Stunna's", page three models originally appeared on page six of the Sun newspaper. The term "page three" is actually French for "tits out".

karne

The fly is regarded as a pest by other species because they are renowned for their late night raves, and general rowdiness.