Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

THE FULL URBAN BREAKFAST

First, I told people on Twitter that I was going to interview you, and the one thing that came up from absolutely everyone is, everyone wanted to talk about Dredd.  Everybody.  And you know how much I loved that movie.  Is there any possibility for anything that would have you as Dredd again?

URBAN: Wow.  I'm really humbled to hear that.  Interestingly enough, I did have breakfast with Alex Garland this morning.  It's not off the agenda.  Clearly everyone has woken up to the fact that an audience has found this movie and loves it.  It's entirely possible, and if people want to see another installment then they should be vocal about that, because, it can happen.  The power of fandom can resurrect projects.  In fact, that's what happened with Star Trek.  They weren't going to do a third season until fans did a letter writing campaign and they continued that series.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Reading that has rekindled my hopes and dreams. Especially the line where he says everyone has woken up to the fact the film has found it's audience.

Also, Karl Urban is a bigger star then he was before Dredd came out, with being in Dredd of course and another  Star Trek. Plus he's got that new TV show coming up where he is the lead, combine this with the finding of the audience and I reckon someone, somewhere out there with loads of money can be convinced to fund a sequel.

The game is always changing, why should just cinema performance determine success?

JOE SOAP

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 18 May, 2013, 12:06:16 AM
Reading that has rekindled my hopes and dreams. Especially the line where he says everyone has woken up to the fact the film has found it's audience.

Also, Karl Urban is a bigger star then he was before Dredd came out, with being in Dredd of course and another  Star Trek. Plus he's got that new TV show coming up where he is the lead, combine this with the finding of the audience and I reckon someone, somewhere out there with loads of money can be convinced to fund a sequel.

The game is always changing

Good point about Karl's star rising.If his profile keeps getting bigger....and if he keeps saying he wants to return to the role....and the bucks still keep on coming from healthy DVD/Blueray sales....with enough fans pushing for a return....Who knows.Those in the industry must acknowledge/recognise where the mistakes were made in promoting Dredd and that there is now a wider base to now start from.

The sooner Dredd reaches its break-even mark the better.

Stan

I assumed it had, to be honest. They already took in a stack of cash before it hit cinemas.

The unknown marketing costs muddy the waters a bit though.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Stan on 18 May, 2013, 02:54:07 AM
I assumed it had, to be honest. They already took in a stack of cash before it hit cinemas.

The unknown marketing costs muddy the waters a bit though.

The pre-sales more or less paid for the marketing so that's written off.

Stan

I suppose that's one way of looking at it, ie. the reverse to mine.

I generally bow to your greater knowledge on this issue.

Hawkmumbler

Recrewt

Nice. They made some great movie posters in the 80s.

Hawkmumbler

ROTOR is utterly awful though.  :lol:

IAMTHESYSTEM

A little glimmer of hope sequel wise but I don't think it will happen. That R.O.T.O.R Poster is a lot better than the film!

Wonder who the artist was?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

clavell

Ahh, R.O.T.O.R. One of the best worst films ever.

There's been a petition to release it on DVD for a few years now.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ROTORDVD/petition.html

- C
Writing Future Shocks is hard !

Goaty

So I been away for three days, any latest yet?

Noisybast

Yeah, Molch-R announced the sequel.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Noisybast on 20 May, 2013, 09:15:34 AM
Yeah, Molch-R announced the sequel.

Dredd 2: This time he's GAY!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.