Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malak brood

QuoteVery nice Ezquerra cover Malak!

Thanks Link!

I, Cosh

Blimey. Pretty impressed you were still able to get the whole of Leviathan's Farewell direct from the source 25 years later.
We never really die.

Skullmo

Quote from: The Cosh on 21 May, 2013, 10:38:03 PM
Blimey. Pretty impressed you were still able to get the whole of Leviathan's Farewell direct from the source 25 years later.

I have super special detection skills!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

Quote from: ming on 21 May, 2013, 09:05:33 PM
That's a beauty...  Delightful detail on this one - congrats, M. brood!   :)

To save Iain a job:

That is something to bow before!

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Skullmo on 22 May, 2013, 12:29:23 AM
Quote from: ming on 21 May, 2013, 09:05:33 PM
That's a beauty...  Delightful detail on this one - congrats, M. brood!   :)

To save Iain a job:

That is something to bow before!

I have no memory of that cover...crazy picture. I love that.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

o1s1n

That is such a mad cover, I love it!

On a side note, has Carlos ever explained his 'draw little lumps/broken edged lines/square things around the edges of his artwork' technique/styalization? I've always really really liked it and wondered how it came about.

hippynumber1

I have a vague recollection of him saying it was to make the 'central' figure stand out. I suppose it's a pre-3D effect of sorts. (We used to call it the 'cut out and keep' line)!

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: o1s1n on 22 May, 2013, 10:52:57 PM
That is such a mad cover, I love it!

On a side note, has Carlos ever explained his 'draw little lumps/broken edged lines/square things around the edges of his artwork' technique/styalization? I've always really really liked it and wondered how it came about.

I think he stopped doing that in the '80's... i've never seen anyone else do that in a drawing.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

ming

Quote from: o1s1n on 22 May, 2013, 10:52:57 PMOn a side note, has Carlos ever explained his 'draw little lumps/broken edged lines/square things around the edges of his artwork' technique/styalization? I've always really really liked it and wondered how it came about.

Interrogation with Carlos, Megazine 301:

"That was just because I wanted things to stand out from the background... Because instead of making a thick line as it was done by any other artist, when I had a fish-tooth line he look more mobile, you know?  And at the same time it separated the foreground from the background.

It just came to me... I never thought out anything.  The thing is they just come and it worked, so I carry on doing it.
"

There's a bit more, but that pretty much covers it.

Skullmo

Hawkmumbler

A fish net lining. Ooh err!

ming

I'm really winding down my collecting these days (I am, I am!) but one of those package things landed this morning...

Will finish scanning and compiling the pics soon but in the meantime here's the customary teaser:

:)

Link Prime

Looking forward to Getting Everything on an Even Keel, eh Ming?  :D

Wake

I've got Cam's complete first episode for the V.C.s (which is also his first work for 2000AD) but I couldn't resist getting this page at the same time.

Proudhuff

Get Everything on an Even Keel

That should be our password(s)!
DDT did a job on me