Main Menu

Dan Dare reprints - How the 80s Eagle ones could look (Ian Kennedy / Pat Mills)

Started by matty_ae, 18 December, 2013, 05:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves

TordelBack

Fantastic work, and a beautiful way to revisit and experience it.  I felt my heart sink all over again when it transitioned to bog paper halfway through volume 3...

Somebody make these gorgeous things a commercial reality for the love of grud.

James Stacey

How cool would that be. I don't think I've read firefight since it was serialised but it all came flooding back watching that.
Nicely done

maryanddavid

Cracking stuff there Matty, I am at the moment going through the early Eagles, and aside from a few stories it was a really great comic so much materials need to see the light of day.

matty_ae

WhizzBang

These look marvellous. I fondly remember the strip and would love to have the chance to read them again. The artwork looked superb.

sbelmont

Really excellent piece of work. I am a big fan of Ian Kennedy's work and proud owner of the last page of the first book.

matty_ae

Doing myself eBooks only now due to printing costs.
Missing a Cruz credit somewhere.

sbelmont

Hi
Good to see you at the British Library 2000AD talk. Was very impressed with the physical book you showed me.
Till the next time our paths cross.

judgerufian

Wow I remember that colour and robot changing cab AND Dan Dare falling out of the window only to land on anti suicide rubber pavements (would still hurt like buggery I reckon) as if it were yesterday.
I hazard a guess re-reading this would be a great use of time so shame on you Dan Dare Foundation!