Main Menu

Prog 2103 - Demons of the mind

Started by McNulty, 13 October, 2018, 07:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McNulty

Dredd: Continues apace with great art and a compelling plot. All these possibilities only half hinted at. It looks like the best way to read this story is in its entirety after its conclusion.

Fiends of the Eastern Front: very atmospheric and chilling. The horrific origins of the vamprie, with nods to East European folklore.

Skip Tracer: Difficult for me to follow this story but it is worth the effort for the artwork.

Kingdom: second best story after Dredd this week. So many different factions vying to win in this post apocalysic Earth, most of them out for themselves.

Blink: Not a fan of the story or the art style. They leave me cold but I understand that other readers like this story.

The standout of this week has to be 2000AD's tribute to Carlos Ezquerra. I wish I had the words to express how profound his work has touched me since my earliest days reading 2000AD. His work on Dredd and Strontium Dog has always been sterling. I can only echo the tributes paid in the Nerve Centre, the Obituary and the letters page. But by far, it was without words that the greatest tribute was made. I teared up when I first saw the art by Damian Edwardson. Thanks for that picture. It will remain with me.

Colin YNWA

Well done the Prog. Not because again its five out five, which it is all stories sustain their high standards. Rather its how quickly they have got the obituary and tribute to Carlos in. I'm sure there will be more to come but didn't think they'd be able to something so quickly. Nerve Centre has a nice tribute and there's an effective Obituary and more to come I'm sure. It the letters and art by Damian Edwardson in Input that hit home most.

Its also fitting that the stories are stella as well. Dredd continues to build and drive an intricate plot beautifully. Blink continues to build and drive an intriguing plot brutally.  Fiends of the Eastern Front 1812 quickly builds towards and exciting conflicit chillingly. Skip Tracer twists and turns as it builds and the plot thickens.

KIngdom just kicks ass!

Proudhuff

again, in total agreement with Colon  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

SimonBowland

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SimonBowland on 15 October, 2018, 07:05:26 PM
"Brink", not "Blink"...

Hey look just cos you have lettered a wonderful strip called 'Brink' in this weeks Prog doesn't mean I'm not talking about that other strip called "Blink" that I'm really enjoying.

Sheech the ego on that man, shameless...

(Ha! Seamless I've so gottun away with that...)

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

DrRocka

Excellent proggage these last few weeks, I'm enjoying everything in it. Cheers, Mighty One!
Never ever bloody anything ever

Frank

FLINT'S DRAWING SMILEY'S INVISIBLE NINJAS AS 2012 JUDGES!

Steve Green

The ipad app is knackered again for me.

Can't buy, can't download previously bought content.

Steve Green

Hmm - a restart fixed it this time.

Wonder if it being active when new content is released requires a restart?

Frank

broodblik

Quote from: Steve Green on 17 October, 2018, 10:02:11 AM
Hmm - a restart fixed it this time.

Wonder if it being active when new content is released requires a restart?

Their is an option under "My Account" "Restore Purchases".
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

The prog continues to be great. This round I enjoyed Fiends the most but all thrills are top-notch
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.