Main Menu

Prog 2000 - Cover and content summary!

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 June, 2016, 09:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

It is Robinson (it's also not sequential); the Bolland info came from the 2000ad blog post.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 23 June, 2016, 07:48:35 PM
But again with the weird smiley Kano!
To be fair he IS doing his best scooby-do for this cover.

TordelBack

Yeah, the Robinson droid's cover is brill - and a decent number of those characters even originated in the last 1000 progs!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Timothy

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tordelback on 23 June, 2016, 07:57:59 PM
Yeah, the Robinson droid's cover is brill - and a decent number of those characters even originated in the last 1000 progs!
Huh, your right. Inaba, Dante, Sticklyback and Gene the Hackman, all post prog 1000.

PsychoGoatee

Very awesome to see 2000AD hit 2000! Now that's a milestone. John and Carlos, Sinister Dexter is back etc, this all sounds groovy to me!

Tjm86

Well, this is the second time this year that a Fabry variant has proven to be the lesser of two.  Kennedy's Christmas cover was (for my money) far superior.  Fabry's strikes me as a knock off of Weston's birthday poster for prog 1771.  Sorry.

Content wise;  hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tjm86 on 23 June, 2016, 08:36:12 PM
Well, this is the second time this year that a Fabry variant has proven to be the lesser of two.  Kennedy's Christmas cover was (for my money) far superior.  Fabry's strikes me as a knock off of Weston's birthday poster for prog 1771.  Sorry.

Content wise;  hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Christmas varient was by Bisley. ;)

Echidna

Those awkward smiles are a delight. My favourite detail is Judge Fire giving the A-OK sign. Love the Space Spinner cover too.

Timothy

I, Cosh

The Cliff Robinson cover is fantastic but I'm really excited to see the Chris Burnham one. I love that Tharg's been able to secure his services and really want to see a strip because a Squaxx is never happy.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be my usual moany self when I actually read this Prog so I would just like to say hats off to Tharg and his minions for putting together what looks like being an absolute peach of an issue.
We never really die.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 June, 2016, 10:51:26 AM
Possibly because he and Shakara are about the only two characters on the cover created for the prog this century...!

So that rules out this cover being the back of Glenn's maths book then.

Mammoth stuff.

Stevie is totally down with new Nemesis providing it's a flashback story ala Pat & Kev's loving, brilliant  tribute to the late Ken Reid -- Ego Trip. For the overarching narrative of Nemesis the Warlock is circular in structure, so as  TB so rightly puts it, there is indeed nowhere else it can go.

Really really chuffed about the return of the MilliGlo Twins.

& the Rennie/Elson team on Slaine? Wow.  :o
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Rately

Quote from: The Cosh on 23 June, 2016, 10:18:29 PM
The Cliff Robinson cover is fantastic but I'm really excited to see the Chris Burnham one. I love that Tharg's been able to secure his services and really want to see a strip because a Squaxx is never happy.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be my usual moany self when I actually read this Prog so I would just like to say hats off to Tharg and his minions for putting together what looks like being an absolute peach of an issue.

Love Burnham's art. Going to have to twitter-stalk him over next few days in hopes we see his cover.

Albion

No new Big Dave story? Surely the time is right for his return.  ;)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.