Main Menu

New trades listed

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 05 August, 2008, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

For some stories, reading them in one hit, in book format, adds quite a lot to the experience. The Strontium Dog collection is a real case in point, as is Kingdom, despite the latter being in the Prog fairly recently.

IndigoPrime

New and official trade listings for June are now up on 2000 AD Books.

Dark Jimbo

Interesting...

Not sure why Case Files 13 is billed as containing both black-and-white and colour stories, though, if volume 12 is going to cover the change-over point.
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

Wasn't the colour slot given over to Slaine: The Horned God during its run?

Yay, Button Man 3!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "radiator"Wasn't the colour slot given over to Slaine: The Horned God during its run?

Ah... That'd be it, then.
@jamesfeistdraws

the styrofoam kid

Right then, Amazon (yeah I know, but they're usually about 80% accurate) are listing some new trades for the second half of the year.  They've just put up:

Defoe: 1666 (128 pages)
Flesh (176 pages)
Nikolai Dante: Amerika (208 pages)

What do people reckon?  For me, I'll just be picking up Dante and missing the Pat-fest

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: "the styrofoam kid"Right then, Amazon (yeah I know, but they're usually about 80% accurate) are listing some new trades for the second half of the year.  They've just put up:

Defoe: 1666 (128 pages)
Flesh (176 pages)
Nikolai Dante: Amerika (208 pages)

What do people reckon?  For me, I'll just be picking up Dante and missing the Pat-fest
Defoe and Nikolai Dante for me!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

radiator

I'll definitely pick up the Dante book, and depending on the contents of the Flesh book, it may or may not get added to the ever-growing hypothetical list of graphic novels I will apparently buy one day if I start earning a bit more money ever.

Dandontdare

Quote from: "Batson"Defoe and Nikolai Dante for me!!

IMHO, the only things these stories have in common is the comic they appeared in and the letter D - i object to having had to pay for the woeful Defoe the first time around, certainly won't be rushing for the book! Now Dante on the other hand...pure class!

Grant Goggans

They... could wait until Defoe's had a third series before collecting it, and I'd be happier.

I, Cosh

Judging by the page count on that Dante book, the upcoming Army of Thieves and Whores story that Tharg trailed is going to be another meaty whopper.

Defoe's my favourite of the current Mills strips, but I doubt I'll buy a collection. A complete Flesh is another prospect entirely, as I've only ever read bits and pieces of it before.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "Grant Goggans"They... could wait until Defoe's had a third series before collecting it, and I'd be happier.

The same as.As for Flesh i will buy this as i like it despite the godawful artwork in Book 1.Book 2 more than makes up for it as its a good read with beautiful Massimo art but sadly it ends too suddenly and badly plus the sudden change to an unknown [awful] artist in the final episode [i would love to know the reason for that if anyone knows].All the same its wonderful to see another old school strip being reprinted.

Strongly recommended for book 2 alone.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Grant Goggans

Massimo moved to Tornado to draw The Angry Planet, which is why he had to leave Flesh with two episodes to go.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "Grant Goggans"Massimo moved to Tornado to draw The Angry Planet, which is why he had to leave Flesh with two episodes to go.

Thanks for that.Its a bit of a coincidence that as i have just bought an almost complete run of Tornado comics off Ebay that arrived while i was away and i am going to open up the package and start reading them tonight.Angry planet is one of the strips i bought them for.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws