Main Menu

New trades listed

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 05 August, 2008, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Just noticed the 2000ad books website has been updated - now listing for July 2009:

Strontium Dog: A Traitor to His Kind
ABC Warriors: The Volgan War Book 1

//http://www.2000adonline.com/books/coming_soon.php

Paul faplad Finch

Can someone please answer me a question? Browsed this topic for the first time just now and alarmed that everyone seems to be surprised that Case Files are still listed as upcoming. Were they just planned to go so far? I'd assumed they'd kep going till the sales died. Truth is I'd be gutted if they stopped as I've never read any of thiis early stuff and been enjoying them a lot.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Grant Goggans

There was a Book Club advertisement a year or so back which pegged the series as ending with thirteen.  I think everybody's cautiously optimistic that it will run for a few books more, depending on sales.

Paul faplad Finch

Cheers for that.  Fingers crossed then
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Grant Goggans

Flesh and Defoe are now on the books page.

Great choice of cover for the Flesh book - D'Israeli's cover for the Extreme Edition reprint of book two.  I know it's just a placeholder right now, but I hope it is used for the final product!!

Bolt-01

Leigh Gallagher was really chuffed to have the book of Defoe coming out, it shows a real faith in the property as well.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: "Grant Goggans"Flesh and Defoe are now on the books page.

Great choice of cover for the Flesh book - D'Israeli's cover for the Extreme Edition reprint of book two.  I know it's just a placeholder right now, but I hope it is used for the final product!!

I'm probably being a bit slow here but there's a book page? Where's this book page? Is it on you're blog - are you seem to be the Thrillpowered Thursday fella - good job that man...

Colin YNWA

Oh right ok got it now.

Mind is that link a bit tucked away? Especially since at the moment most of the top menu is still awaiting finishing? Or am I just covering up my embarrassment about being oblivious to it by hurling around accusations of poor web design?

I, Cosh

Quote from: "radiator"Feb 2009
Nikolai Dante: The Beast of Rudenshtein by Morrison/Fraser/Burns 192pg
Saw a copy of this in Borders today. It's a very hefty package running all the way through to The Tsar's Daughter and also includes a nice sketch gallery and a preview of the first episode of Amerika, which I thought was a nice touch. Borders - in Glasgow, at least - currently has a 3 for 2 offer on all GNs. Sadly they didn't have Case Files 12 or I'd have snapped them both up.

Quote from: "radiator"May 2009
The 86ers by Rennie/Holden 96pg
Strange one this. 96 pages just about fits all of this story so far, but the forthcoming series is supposed to be a grand finale. Either it's going to be a real meaty whopper or history is going to look back on this as one of those infuriatingly incomplete collections.
We never really die.

BPP

Just recieved the new case files and Dante this week.

My god both are STUNNING collections. Dante is huge with 3 talents at the top of their game from start to finish. Bit strange to see the same sketch pages repeated from previous volumes but thats by the by. Simply a must buy and compelled me to get Hell & High Water and Sword of the Tsar to make up the gap in my collection. Peerless work fellas.

And Casefiles 12 -  THIS is the business. Its so good it makes me cry that all the volumes haven't been including colour to date (serious do a limited web-only run of them - I'd pay up to 40 quid to have casefiles 11 produced like this). Only read Hitman so far but its the doozy I remember. Definately buying another copy as a gift to a lapsed reader to tempt em back.. this stuff is like unlce umps finest. At first you think 'oh thats quite thin' by the time you've read the first epsoide of Hitman and stroked the pages, marvelled at the reproduction..... you're hooked.

God life is good. Hurrah to the book driods - you've done sterling work. This whole post is just to say thank you.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

IndigoPrime

Still haven't got mine. Oh well. Time to get the new Dante cover for the books site, I guess!

radiator

QuoteAt first you think 'oh thats quite thin'

Only 'cos the paper is different - it still contains the same amount of pages as previous volumes!

I was slightly irked reading CF12 as lots of the double page spreads are hard to read - word balloons and captions falling into the 'gutter' between pages - I thought this issue had been sorted in the last few (B&W) collections....

BPP

Quote from: "radiator"
QuoteAt first you think 'oh thats quite thin'

Only 'cos the paper is different - it still contains the same amount of pages as previous volumes!

I was slightly irked reading CF12 as lots of the double page spreads are hard to read - word balloons and captions falling into the 'gutter' between pages - I thought this issue had been sorted in the last few (B&W) collections....

poke yourself on the inside of each eye and LIFE becomes art.

Casefiles 12 is SUPERIOR PRODUCT 101. Ya'all better buy it and keep them a coming....
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

the styrofoam kid

hmm, lots of new stuff just appeared on Amazon, Including:

Dredd: Mechanismo (176 pages)
Sinister Dexter: Money Shots (192 pages)
Dredd: CF 14 (272 pages)
Tales of the Dead Man (92 pages)
Robo-Hunter: The droid files 1 (384 pages)
Anderson: The psi files (384 pages)
ABC Warriors: Volgan War 2 (96 pages)
Strontium Dog: Blood Moon (192 pages)

Whicg is a pretty strong list, expect I'll pick up everything except sin/dex and ABCs.

The Robo-hunter and Anderson books appear to be reboots in the case file series - and whilst this is definately how they should have been done in the frst place it is a bit annoying if you've shelled out for the first three Robo-hunter books (me ;)

VERY pleased to see mechanismo though - and guessing this is an indication that the case files won't incorporate meg stories when they get that far????

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "the styrofoam kid"Robo-Hunter: The droid files 1 (384 pages)
Curious, given that a single trade could be used to complete the series as it already stands, and Gibson's art might suffer using CF-style paper. Still, here's hoping all the 'extras' get bundled into this.

QuoteVERY pleased to see mechanismo though - and guessing this is an indication that the case files won't incorporate meg stories when they get that far????
I suspect that might be the case, although I've not asked Jon this. Given how much Meg reprint already exists, it'd be tough to justify dropping the Dredd content into the CF line (such as, for example, the entire first arc of America); that said, the series would definitely be complete then!

QuoteAnderson: The psi files (384 pages)
Good. Pre-Meg Anderson needs to be complete and in order. There's too much good stuff there for it to get the half-arsed treatment it got via DC. Here's also hoping stuff like Random Man ends up in a series reboot.

QuoteThe Robo-hunter and Anderson books appear to be reboots in the case file series - and whilst this is definately how they should have been done in the frst place it is a bit annoying if you've shelled out for the first three Robo-hunter books (me ;)
It wouldn't shock me to see Anderson as a mostly B+W one-shot, though.

*quick trip to Barney*

On the assumption that this is 2000 AD-only Anderson and won't include Judge Death and Judge Death Lives (although both would be tempting, given that they introduce Anderson), 384 pages gets you:

Four Dark Judges, The Possessed, Hour of the Wolf, Contact, Beyond the Void, Helios, A Total Near Death Experience, Triad, And The Wind Cried, The Prophet, The Screaming Skull and some extras, presumably leaving stuff like The Random Man, Engram, and colour strips like Wonderwall, Crusade, etc., for a subsequent colour volume.